What's new

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's been reduced to $9.80 so I bought it.
Well worth it. While Bob Zemeckis is only an EP on this one, the combination of mo-cap and 3D is really good here, which is typical for his mo-cap/3D titles [A Christmas Carol, Beowulf, The Polar Express, Mars Needs Moms].

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Amazon selling Monster House 3-D for $9.81!

Just ordered it...thanks for the tip! What's funny, my wife and I saw this at the movies and we didn't like it...didn't know who it was aimed for.

Now that's it's in 3D, can't wait to get it and see if my opinion is different. :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So it seems Wonder Woman 2D and UHD have Dolby Atmos 7.1 but the 3D disc has just the DTS 5.1, this is really starting to irritate me now. :rolleyes:

Right, but for better or worse, this isn't a surprise. This has been Warner's policy on 3D BD releases for some time. This isn't the first release this has happened on.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just ordered it...thanks for the tip! What's funny, my wife and I saw this at the movies and we didn't like it...didn't know who it was aimed for.

Now that's it's in 3D, can't wait to get it and see if my opinion is different. :3dglasses:
I always though it was a young adult movie that could appeal to adults. It worked for us.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Yeah know Johnny, it was one of those films that somehow we paid for at the theater...and watched...and didn't really like. But in the same atmosphere, I fell In love with A NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and she thought it was okay!

Can't wait to rewatch it in 3D to see if my opinion changes...I already know...3D ROCKS!!! :3dglasses:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Right, but for better or worse, this isn't a surprise. This has been Warner's policy on 3D BD releases for some time. This isn't the first release this has happened on.

No doubt it won't be the last, it just seems to me like these people just want to hammer home every nail possible into the 3D coffin.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Yeah know Johnny, it was one of those films that somehow we paid for at the theater...and watched...and didn't really like. But in the same atmosphere, I fell In love with A NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and she thought it was okay!

Can't wait to rewatch it in 3D to see if my opinion changes...I already know...3D ROCKS!!! :3dglasses:

I saw it the theatre and the 3D was very bland. Very little depth and no pop-outs.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I always though it was a young adult movie that could appeal to adults. It worked for us.
I completely agree with this assessment. When I saw this in the theatre, I was a newly married 22-year old, and my wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Still do, and we've "infected" our kids with it, who are now young adults themselves.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
So it seems Wonder Woman 2D and UHD have Dolby Atmos 7.1 but the 3D disc has just the DTS 5.1, this is really starting to irritate me now. :rolleyes:

Also, buy the normal WW BD from Amazon, receive slipcover. UHD BD, receive slip cover. Buy 3D BD, NO slipcover.

Not that big a deal to me but it is rather strange.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Another forum member has reported that it's now Warner policy for US 3D discs to omit the slipcase, while it remains policy for Canadian 3D discs to include it. As bizarre as that sounds, it's apparently been their policy for several months.

(If you don't want the case I'd be happy to take it off your hands... I can't believe I care, it's more just that every other DCEU title has one, so this one looks weird on the shelf without it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks