Real Name
Anthony
New trailer for Terminator 2 3-D with commentary from Cameron:

T23D-Distrib-Films-US.jpg

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just finished Those redheads from Seattle, a mixed bag for me. Some obvious black crush at the beginning, then in the second half it was pretty soft looking.
This is one with mostly background seperation so very nice depth. I'm nitpicking here obviously !. Overall a good Sunday afternoon watch :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I pulled a "triple-header" last night.

First was 'Dawn Of The Planet Of the Apes'. 3D was just ok. No pop out, and depth was barely average. Good movie, but certainly not a showcase for 3D.

Next I watched 'Moana'. I tell you it is just a depressing thought that 3D is getting killed off after seeing a gem like this. 3D was amazing, and the depth not only enhanced the film(which is great by itself) it made it a memorable experience. The immersive aspect, the colors...I will watch this movie many times in the future, and I can promise you It will be 3D, and 3D only...even if it is ever released UHD.

Finally, 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
I own it twice now (also on UHD). Here is a bold statement, this is the best live action 3D film I own. honestly it is superb from start to finish. After watching the UHD version, this is a hard pill to swallow, as much of the fine detail just isn't there. But in its place is the wonderful 3D that is second to none. It will probably be a while before I watch this again.
I will have to consider then which version to go with.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I pulled a "triple-header" last night.

First was 'Dawn Of The Planet Of the Apes'. 3D was just ok. No pop out, and depth was barely average. Good movie, but certainly not a showcase for 3D.

Next I watched 'Moana'. I tell you it is just a depressing thought that 3D is getting killed off after seeing a gem like this. 3D was amazing, and the depth not only enhanced the film(which is great by itself) it made it a memorable experience. The immersive aspect, the colors...I will watch this movie many times in the future, and I can promise you It will be 3D, and 3D only...even if it is ever released UHD.

Finally, 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
I own it twice now (also on UHD). Here is a bold statement, this is the best live action 3D film I own. honestly it is superb from start to finish. After watching the UHD version, this is a hard pill to swallow, as much of the fine detail just isn't there. But in its place is the wonderful 3D that is second to none. It will probably be a while before I watch this again.
I will have to consider then which version to go with.

Wow really!!, I started watching miss peregrines in 3D and was dissapointed so put the regular blu Ray on instead..

Re Moana I've seen much better 3D from animation, I agree the colours and pop were amazing though. In recent animated watches I much preferred 'Sing'.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Re Moana I've seen much better 3D from animation, I agree the colours and pop were amazing though. In recent animated watches I much preferred 'Sing'.

I don't watch a lot of animated features-only the Pixar/Disney titles. I thought 'Moana' was better than 'The Good Dinosaur' which was also really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks