What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
You would have if you just came in from 100 degrees out by the pool. :3dglasses:

340-1.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought the 3D in the imax GotG vol 2 was great especially the Imax shot stuff.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
That's why in my dedicated home theatre I installed a mini-split. Cold air for the summer and warm for the faux winter what we have here in sunny southern California! :3dglasses:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My copy of Dark Country just came as well and I'm hoping to get to it over the weekend.

I'm trying to watch the movie now, but it either forces you to watch it dubbed in French, or in English but with non-removable French subtitles. I'm five minutes in and the subtitles are killing me. Major eye strain. I don't think I'll be able to finish the movie.

Let other buyers beware!

Back to the drawing board...anyone know of any versions of this title in 3D for under $50 that are viewable in English?

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Josh..it's complicated. What I did was borrow the Dark Country dvd from my library and played back the audio so that it sync'd up with the French version....

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
I'm trying to watch the movie now, but it either forces you to watch it dubbed in French, or in English but with non-removable French subtitles. I'm five minutes in and the subtitles are killing me. Major eye strain. I don't think I'll be able to finish the movie.

Let other buyers beware!

Back to the drawing board...anyone know of any versions of this title in 3D for under $50 that are viewable in English?

Damn. What player are using? If an OPPO, can you reposition the French subtitles out of the viewing area?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Damn. What player are using? If an OPPO, can you reposition the French subtitles out of the viewing area?

It was an Oppo. I tried that.. only about a third or half of the subtitles were moveable, the rest stayed right where they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks