What's new

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I forgot to mention we watched The mad magician, really enjoyed it and the 3D was excellent especially several scenes where I almost felt I could of stepped onto the set!. The only downside was I had to set 3D glasses brightness to low on my projector as any higher introduces crosstalk which can be ugly on black and white films.
3D rarities next week!.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I forgot to mention we watched The mad magician, really enjoyed it and the 3D was excellent especially several scenes where I almost felt I could of stepped onto the set!. The only downside was I had to set 3D glasses brightness to low on my projector as any higher introduces crosstalk which can be ugly on black and white films.
3D rarities next week!.

I have to use out of the two IMAGE settings, the lower one for B&W 3D and the top one for color 3D. Can't think what they are called.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Perhaps that's why there's no 3-D BD release planned for N.A. I'm importing a copy from the UK.

No, it's not because of the film having a darker visual quality; it's because the studio (Sony) has stopped supporting domestic home 3D.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Please can you keep me posted about your replacement Epson and the crosstalk, cheers.

Just received my NEW 6040 projector with 1.09 FW today. Mounted it and threw in a 3Der COLD with no warm up, my worst one...Jaws 3 3D...it played perfectly!

What can I say, Epson said it put out a few bad ones and the one I received works great!

Just have to send my old one back tomorrow morning thru FedEx and my adventure will be over.

Inspector :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES and it had damn good 3D. Some flat spots but all in all a great addition to your 3D collection. Tomorrow will be X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

Just ordered DRAGONFLY SQUADRON and SPIDERS. :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
...thanks for the heads up Robert. I picked that up last month. Just ordered MAN IN THE DARK, can't wait to see that one. :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks