What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons - The Complete Third Season (Highly Recommended!) (1 Viewer)

Bill R.

Auditioning

Yeah, as Adam pointed out, I'm talking about the TAPE FORMAT used to complete the program, not the method used to create the original images. Those are two distinctly different things.

Also, Adam if you're looking in, you mentioned "Betacam" which is not to be confused with DIGITAL Betacam. THOSE are two very different things as well. The only thing they have in common is the shape of the cassettes.

--Bill R.

Joe Road

Agent
I also had to use goo gone to get rid of the glue on my DVD case. So annoying. I also can't get audio track 5 to appear on the halloween episode even though it appears on the audio list it is greyed out....??

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The 'easy glue' wasn't that easy for me, either. I usually have no problem at all with the easy glue, but with Simpsons S3 it was very difficult, and there's still an ugly darkened stain left behind on the packaging.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Carlo: The episode is "Radioactive Man" and it's from season seven.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which we will see in the Season 7 set in 2007.
Thanks guys!

Damn, though! Are these really coming out at the rate of one a year? Bummer that I'll have to wait...

TedT

Second Unit
I had the same problem with the glue on my box. Unbelievable. This was the worst glue job I've ever seen. What a mess!

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
At least they got smart and placed the sensor tag inside the case this time. My season 2 box had it on the outside and I was lucky to not rip the packaging trying to take it off.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I think Springfield is in Vermont. Or at least that's the impression I get from the second episode. Unless there's another state that ends in nt. :)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The only episode to suggest where the Simpsons live was an episode which spoofed the "Behind the Music" specials, in which the narrator refers to "Springfield, Kentucky". However, since this episode spends most of the time with the proverbial "4th wall" torn down, and we see the Simpsons family as actors playing the Simpsons, most fans don't consider anything in the episode to be canon (just like none of the deaths that happen in Halloween specials affect any future episodes).

-Lyle J.P.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"The only episode to suggest where the Simpsons live was an episode which spoofed the "Behind the Music" specials"

Not true. There are some references to them living in KY in subsequent episodes. In the one where Springfield bans Sugar. There is a bit of Dialogue in which one of the characters mentions they have to get "South of the Border" to which Homer quickly replies "Tennesee?"

On a side note, does anyone see that since Tuesday (When the S3 DVDs came out) They have shown at least 2 S3 Episodes in Syndication? "Like Father, Like Clown" was on yesterday and today it was "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" Usually Syndication does not play Episodes from the earlier seasons as much and not 2 S3 Episodes in a row.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
In the one where Springfield bans Sugar. There is a bit of Dialogue in which one of the characters mentions they have to get "South of the Border" to which Homer quickly replies "Tennesee?"
That could just as easily be interpreted that Homer believes Tennesee is some third world country. (Not a hard mistake to make ;) )

Also, Kentucky is not one of the 16 states where dog racing is legal, and we all know Santa's Little Helper came from the track.

-Lyle J.P.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Alright, my intention was not to start debate on this. Every state has pretty much been eliminated in some way

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Can't we just accept that Springfield exists in "Everystate USA"? I mean, there's absolutely no way that it could take place in any real state, so why bother trying to figure it out? It's obvious that the writers are just messing with those who foolishly try to pin it down. It's a cartoon. Give it up.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I listened to the audio outtakes today and they were pretty funny. It's mostly from the baseball player episode, with outtakes from Ken Griffey, Jr, Darryl Strawberry and Roger Clemens.

There was also an outtake where Ozzie Smith's son O.J. plays Bart. He did a pretty good impression. I was surprised to see it because I went to school and had a class with him.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Can't we just accept that Springfield exists in "Everystate USA"? I mean, there's absolutely no way that it could take place in any real state, so why bother trying to figure it out? It's obvious that the writers are just messing with those who foolishly try to pin it down. It's a cartoon. Give it up.
You're missing out on a whole lot of fun if you do. :)

Michael Bee

Auditioning
I think Springfield is in Vermont. Or at least that's the impression I get from the second episode. Unless there's another state that ends in nt.
Listen to the commentary on that episode (Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, I think?) and one of guys says, jokingly, that NT stands for "North Tacoma".

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
In the episode "Behind the Laughter", the first time it aired on Fox, it said that the "real" Simpson family was from northern Kentucky; the second and third time Fox aired the episode, it was changed to southern Missouri.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem with the glue on my box. Unbelievable. This was the worst glue job I've ever seen. What a mess!
Goo Gone (IMO) is not necessary at all to remove the strip of glue on the box.

Whatever glue residue remains on the package after you've done the
"roll it up into little balls with your finger" bit....simply use regular ol' Scotch Tape to get the rest of the ickiness off. (At least it worked for me, and mine had a bunch of crap left over after the official "balling up" procedure.)

Just keep applying Scotch Tape to the affected area over and over again until the gunk is all eliminated. Each application of the tape will lift off a little more of the ick.

Afterward, you're packaging will be as silky-smooth as Maggie's bottom region. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Insert DVD Three and from the main menu, enter “84763” on your remote. This brings up the menu of audio outtakes
I'm still very curious as to how someone arrived at this particular number to find the outtakes. Did it take the searcher the better part of a week to do it?? :confused:

Anyhow, WHY are the outtakes seemingly buried within an E. Egg? It says "outtakes" right on the back of the package. Why would an adverised extra be hidden? (Or on Disc #3, do they actually tell you to start searching for extras via hitting random numbers?)

Also: Any other Easter Eggs to be had on the 4 discs?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Wish it was that simple...This glue is nasty stuff. There's no way you can get any of it to roll up in little balls. As a matter of fact, the paper sheet on the back does not come off clean and will most likely tear and leave some of itself behind with the glue. I'd like to think that a certain batch was just made with the wrong type of glue and that this glue was not actually chosen by someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks