What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Star Trek The Next Generation" Season Seven (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Good idea on that "Journey's End" special. It sure would have been nice to include it. But I can't get down on Paramount too badly... Besides that and maybe a commentary here and there they did a fine job with all the extras. Oops... fergot that those episode trailers would have been nice as well! But I'm not complaining... Really!

I already put in my 2 cents about DS9. (loved it... especially last few seasons) I just wanted to add that Babylon 5 and Farscape were also two excellent sci-fi shows as well. During seasons 2 thru 4, B5 was my favorite series on the air, of any genre.

I realize that they cannot be everyone's cup of tea... but if you haven't, you should give them a shot.

Ric

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Personally I never could get myself to like DS9 very much. I thought the whole idea of ST was to "boldly go where no man has gone before" Well a static space station isn't going very far at all.
Except that "static space station" was at the base of a wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant which allowed the DS9 crew to explore farther reaches of the universe and come back to the station. Once they had the Defiant that show really took off.

So does anyone know if the $25 Paramount rebate REQUIRES you to buy this at a B&M? I bought seasons 5 & 6 from Amazon.ca for a great price, but the rebate requires a receipt from one and there was a strange "no mail-order" restriction. I'm not convinced that Internet = mail-order but some people are saying that's what it means. To me "mail order" is something like Columbia House, which would make sense for Paramount to retrict since the DVD clubs have separate payment structures to the studios than do retail channels. I don't see why Paramount would care if you purchase your sets from Best Buy or Amazon-- they get paid the same either way.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Thank for all the reviews on TNG box sets, much appreciated.
Mabye Paramount will release the TOS in the same box set format in the near future? Here's hoping.

Jedidiah

Auditioning
Nice review, Ron! :D
One quick thing, though... You said, "Paramount has also
given the set its own unique appearance by giving
the packaging a predominantly violet color scheme so
that it can easily be differentiated from other
seasons."
That may be true, but Paramount also gave it a violet color scheme because each set is a color in the rainbow. ROYGBIV. Season 1: red. Season 2: Orange. Season 3: Yellow. Season 4: Green. Season 5: Blue. Season 6: Indigo. Season 7: Violet. ;)

Wade M.

Grip
Absolutely. Don't you remember your high school physics classes? Roy G. Biv is a mnemonic for the visible spectrum of light! Good to encode a little science fact in with the science fiction :)

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Absolutely. Don't you remember your high school physics classes? Roy G. Biv is a mnemonic for the visible spectrum of light! Good to encode a little science fact in with the science fiction :)
I remember being taught at school to remember it as an acronym for "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain". Good old English history!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks