What's new

HTF Review: Rio Cali 256 MB, A Jogger's Perspective (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

A writer at gear.ign.com saw a demo at E3 and they had a color screen and the unit was smaller.
I'm not sure about 40gb.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/461/461...html?fromint=1

Now for the stuff I can't write about. Firstly, Rio will be announcing a new Karma this spring. It will get a redesign and is very small. I can't tell you how much smaller it is than the original, but it is a good deal more compact. It also looks really awesome. The new Karma also has some solid new features. It will get a color LCD and an SD expansion slot. I can't say anything else, but it was one of the most exciting devices at the show. Rio is on the right track.

The other product I can't talk about is a new Nitrus. I can only tell you that it is very, very compact and very, very cool looking. Sorry.

Other players included a few flash-based models, including a drastically redesigned Chiba. Of course, I can't tell you anything about them.

I'm stuck with the Karma right now because of the gapless issue (I listen to lots of music that segues...not just live music). If they haven't announced anything official by mid-May, I'm buying the current Karma. I may not buy the 2.0 regardless...I may just exploit the inevitable 1.0 price cut.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Sounds interesting. The compactness is a plus. I'm not sure the color screen adds anything (except a coolness factor) unless it plays video files.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks