What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Back To The Future Trilogy" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Steve Tack

Agent
Steve,
I read Peter Bracke's review and caught those
differences as well.
I am very confident that he called the shots as
he saw and heard the film, the same way I did.
Perhaps the difference in our systems produced
varying results.
Yes, there are so many differences in equipment, how it's set up, what's important to a particular person, etc, that I'm never too surprised by those kind of discrepancies. It can be amusing when some details *directly* conflict though! :) I'm sure if there were some really major problems, both of you would have mentioned them. And *really* subjective things (like how funny something is) are certainly going to vary.
Anyway, since there are apparently no major flaws, the purchase of this set is a no-brainer for me.

nocciolo

Auditioning
Hi Ron I'm Francesco from Italy.
Could you tell me if all the extras are english subtitled?
Thank you.
Greetings.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I love these movies. I'll love them even more on DVD. Thanks Ron, for the most technical review on the net! You rule!

Josh Shapero

Stunt Coordinator
Kudos Ron, Great review. As most fans look forward to this release, it's great to own this classic film. I think the set is worth the price of admission alone, just for BTTF Part 1. BTTF 2 is great, but the 3rd installment is passable.
Christmas comes early this year...Dec 17!.
***1.21 Gigowatts****
:emoji_thumbsup:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another interesting evening....
Back in September when I posted my review of
Saturday Night Fever, I received a letter
of thanks from director John Badham. It was one
of the most gratifying moments of my HTF career.
This evening, I received a letter from BTTF
Producer and Writer Bob Gale who also thanked
me for the review. Suffice to say, I am on cloud
nine.
I am hoping to secure permission to reprint what
he said. It sheds much light on the DTS issue.

John Simon

Second Unit
That's awesome news, Ron. You deserve it!

And come to think of it, that's pretty cool news for the HTF when you consider they personally responded to the site.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife told my mother-in-law to buy the DVD trilogy for my birthday (less than three weeks to go!) Yahooo!

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
I'm more of a music and sound man. So transfer is of no importance to me :) i just wanna hear the beautiful sound

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Brenton,

Our household is a P&S DVD-free zone. The only movies I have on DVD are OAR. My wife is well aware that P&S is a sin.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I have not heard anything about a fullscreen release in any news about the set, but on BestBuy.com they have a listing for a fullscreen version :thumbsdown:

Great review:emoji_thumbsup:
I cannot wait to get my copy of this set.
Also, did anyone watch ET(entertainment tonight show) today?They had a small story on the BTTF dvd set coming out, as well as small clips of the extra features to be on the dvd set.Just makes one more anxious to have it after reading the review and then seeing that on TV.:)

GordonW

Auditioning
I have recieved my copy of the R1 copy of the film from movietyme.com today (1 week ahead of the US - I live in Scotland).

Cant watch them until weekend though as got Uni work to do throught the week.

Woohoo!!!!!!

John Simon

Second Unit
Brian, I'm guessing you must have missed the many posts about this. It's stated in the commentary that "To Be Continued..." was not in the original theatrical version, but rather was added when BTTF was released on VHS. Since they were intent on releasing the theatrical version on DVD, the went without the "To Be Continued".
Hope that helps :)
EDIT: On a completely different note, has anyone ordered this from Amazon.com? If so, what do they list as the expected shipping date? I ordered it some time ago and I just noticed the order page says it will be shipped out on December 23! I paid an extra $5 to order from Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca since I wanted it on or near the release date. With this shipping date, I'll be lucky if I get it by the end of the year!!! :frowning:

James L White

Supporting Actor
Brian, I hate you ;) can you please comment on the framing of Parts 2 & 3 are they that bad?
PS mine shipped today, I'm hoping I get it by this Weekend.:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian-W

Screenwriter
John,

I must have missed the posts about this. There were quite a few threads on Back to the Future, and somehow I didn't see it. What I do remember seeing many posts on where the framing issues for Part 2 and 3 which I have not had a chance to view.

I dunno, my opinion, I miss that last part. I realize it wasn't in the original theatrical first run. Since it was on all the home video versions, and in my opinion doesn't take away from the movie, I feel they should have just left it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks