What's new

HTF Level Three's of Klipsch RF-3's Or Any Other Suggesttions? (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I can tell you I've been very happy with my Klipsch setup.
------------------
Mongo like HTF

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I love my Klipsch setup. I have the RF3II's for my mains and they sound excellent. I can't comment on the HTD's but Klipsch sounds great for music and movies. That is of course, if you like the "brighter" Klipsch sound which i do :)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Dalton-
We both live in RI and we both basically hav the same setup!! I hav the svs(even though I did not take you up on your demo offer) and I have the RF-3II's and the RC-3II. Next sep is to get the RS-3II's.
Anyways I agree the Klipsch have suc a crsip sound. They are awesome in my honest opinion. Just to let you know they are perfect for Movies. Since that is all I really use them for so that is all I wil coment on. I highly recommend.
-B

Been a while since I posted on these forums. . . I STILL love my Klipsch RF-3s. If you like the sound of Klipsch horns (some do, some don't), then I think very little else compares in the price range. Maybe nothing.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I have the Klipsch RF3,RC3 and RS3 and absolutely love the sound in both HT and music. I have paired them up eith a Energy ES-10 sub and I just can't complain.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I don't know how they compare to the Klipsch speakers - I've never heard them - but NHT Super Twos are in the same price range and sound nice. Since they're replacing that line of speakers, you might be able to find a good deal somewhere.
If anyone has heard these speakers and the RF-3's, I'd be curious as to how they compare. I've seen both described as "bright" speakers and I wonder how the sound compares.

Marvin:
NB: UNFAIR, BIASED, SUBJECTIVE COMPARISON AHEAD. You have been warned.
My roommate has the NHT 1.5s (very close to the price range of the RF-3--closer than the Super Twos, last I checked), which I think are neat looking and sound great for music. I don't think they are quite as detailed as the Klipsch, but it could be an electronics difference (NAD receiver for him vs. Integra receiver and EAD amp for me). Note that what I call "detailed," he calls "bright." We agree that there's no contest for HT, as the bass drivers on the 1.5s will not go nearly as low as those on the RF-3s. Then again, the 1.5s are a third the size of the big ol' RF-3s.
I would decide what is important to you, and listen to as many options as you can.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Michael..OK I was just wondering. I'm not looking to replace my speakers. As for the bass extension, I assume you'd also have a subwoofer anyway if you were using them for HT.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys.
I have been speaker shopping for a bit now. Its A diffuclt thing to do! So, I was hoping if you guys could advise me whether these might be good companies to buy speakers from.
Cabasse Audio
CPSound
Direct Acoustics
Iso Acoustics
And
Trident Acoutics
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks