What's new

Man´s Castle and other new Borzage restorations screening at MoMA (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have Lucky Star, along with Liliom and The River from BFI, but unfortunately only on DVD in Frank Borzage - Volume 2. I managed to snag it just before it went OOP. I wasn't so lucky with Volume 1, which had Seventh Heaven and Street Angel. I never managed to track down a copy of the Murnau, Borzage and Fox DVD set that Fox released, either.

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
Apparently Spencer Tracy had nude bathing scene with a butt shot in the uncut version originally released. I wonder if it’s included…

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
The restoration of Man's Castle premiered at last year's TCM Classic Film Festival. Don't have a memory of a racy nude bathing scene but that's what happens when you see five films per day....

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Apparently Spencer Tracy had nude bathing scene with a butt shot in the uncut version originally released. I wonder if it’s included…
That's the version I saw in NY sometime in the '70s. A pristine 35mm print.
The brief butt shot has also been shown on TV (Criterion Channel and TCM).

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
NY Times article about the restoration. I have shared access so anyone can read.

As for a Tracy nude scene, it apparently wasn't a bath but a skinny dip into the East River in NYC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks