What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time February 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have it on order along with "The Admirable Crichton".

I'm more picky with color timing than most as many reviewers don't seem to mind so I guess I am the final word on whether I will enjoy this. I recently dumped one of my most anticipated titles from Criterion because of the color timing.
And although this doesn't look promising, I still love Twilight Time.

Reactions: PMF

madfloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
Oh my! If the Rock Hunter screen grabs over at DVD Beaver are any indication, some of the Eureka screen grabs look superior to the TT and some of the TT screen grabs looks better than the Eureka. I guess it depends on how you like your movies to look. I think I just might stick with my DVD. :)

Yup, those screenshots are how it looked to me - very brown. Grain didn't look natural either.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Based on those screenshots, I'll likely pass. The MOC release looks much warmer and nicer to my average, non-techy, movie-watcher eyes.

This seems especially bizarre to me, where the clothing changes from gray/blue, to green.

upload_2019-3-4_14-58-3.png

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Iconic doesn't mean best. Christie's role was far more complex and demanding.

It was? Julie Andrews could have played that role. Julie Christie could NOT have played Maria. JA's Maria, is one of, maybe, two best film performances of the 1960s. The other being Anne Bancroft in THE MIRACLE WORKER.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
JA's Maria, is one of, maybe, two best film performances of the 1960s. The other being Anne Bancroft in THE MIRACLE WORKER.

While I bow to man in my admiration for Andrews in The Sound Of Music and Bancroft in The Miracle Worker and while they arguably could be on any list of the best film performances (by an actress) in the 1960s, personal tastes aside neither performance could qualify as the two best performances of an entire decade. Not in a decade with such performances like Geraldine Page (Summer And Smoke, Sweet Bird Of Youth), Liv Ullmann (Shame), Jane Fonda (They Shoot Horses Don't They?), Barbra Streisand (Funny Girl), Kim Stanley (Seance On A Wet Afternoon), Katharine Hepburn (Long Days Journey Into Night), Mia Farrow (Rosemary's Baby), Vanessa Redgrave (Isadora), Anne Bancroft (Pumpkin Eater), Deborah Kerr (The Innocents), Elizabeth Taylor (Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?), Sophia Loren (Two Women), Audrey Hepburn (Wait Until Dark), Jeanne Moreau (Jules And Jim), Tippi Hedren (Marnie), Glenda Jackson (Women In Love), Julie Harris (The Haunting) and those are just off the top my head without looking anything up!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Based on screencaps I’d give the edge to the Twilight Time disc. However, the bigger reason for me to choose TT is the inclusion on the original 4.0 soundtrack and a 5.1 mix as well. The Eureka disc is only 2.0, ugh!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Myself and three other friends watched this four days ago. None of us had a problem with the presentation. It’s a deluxe print that has problems. I feel Fox chose to go with the correct color timing since they have the original notes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Myself and three other friends watched this four days ago. None of us had a problem with the presentation. It’s a deluxe print that has problems. I feel Fox chose to go with the correct color timing since they have the original notes.
Thank you for sharing your opinion about this disc.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
If anyone receives the FXM channel, WSSRH occasionally airs there..I'd like to hear opinions on that version

ThadK

Second Unit
Based on screencaps I’d give the edge to the Twilight Time disc. However, the bigger reason for me to choose TT is the inclusion on the original 4.0 soundtrack and a 5.1 mix as well. The Eureka disc is only 2.0, ugh!

Yeah, OK.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
'Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter"

The movie was just OK, but the transfer while it could have looked more natural was still pretty impressive. Very sharp.
A keeper for me.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
'Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter"

The movie was just OK, but the transfer while it could have looked more natural was still pretty impressive. Very sharp.
A keeper for me.

Does it have highly directional dialog?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Does it have highly directional dialog?
Whenever I crave a disc with directional dialogue, I simply get up from my chair and re-position the speakers.

[Sorry RolandL, I couldn't help myself.]:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks