What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time February 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.52744

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these February Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

screen-shot-2018-11-28-at-4-29-48-am-png.52745

THE ADMIRABLE CRICHTON (1957) BLU-RAY – February 19th
BEDAZZLED (1967) BLU-RAY – February 19th
WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? (1957) BLU-RAY – February 19th
TALK RADIO (1988) BLU-RAY – February 19th

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 4.29.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 4.29.48 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Well, it's about time Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter found its way to Blu, states' side. Eureka!'s region-B locked Blu looked spectacular. Let's hope this is sourced from the same image harvest!

Never saw Bedazzled but must say with that poster art I'm intrigued!

Reactions: PMF

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Bedazzled for me. I liked the remake, I imagine this one is fun too. I’ve heard good things about it. Talk Radio sounds interesting but I’ve never seen it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, it's about time Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter found its way to Blu, states' side. Eureka!'s region-B locked Blu looked spectacular. Let's hope this is sourced from the same image harvest!

Never saw Bedazzled but must say with that poster art I'm intrigued!
That reminds me, I have to watch that Blu-ray which I need to do before deciding whether I want to buy it again on Blu-ray.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wow. After about three previous announcements that did nothing for me, here come four movies I would like to own all in the same month.

If you've not seen ROCK HUNTER, it has Frank Tashlin's truly nutty and subversive humor, including sight gags and double entendres, in the fashion of his work with Jerry Lewis and as a director of some of the best Warner Bros. cartoons.

THE ADMIRABLE CHRICHTON is the one of the bunch I haven't seen, but (despite Leonard Maltin's less than enthusiastic review) it seems to be one of those British comedies along the lines of THE MOUSE THAT ROARED (which TT could probably license) and the CARRY ON series. I think I'll rent it from 3D Rental before purchasing.

BEDAZZLED is a no-brainer. This film is really inventive. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were never funnier, and one can't get enough Raquel Welch, who could actually be a very good light comedian (THREE MUSKETEERS).

Then, alongside of three wacky comedies, we get TALK RADIO, which couldn't be more dissimilar. Eric Bogosian, who has always rubbed me the wrong way, does so here as well, but as the late-night radio talk show host, he is supposed to be arrogant, so the role is a perfect fit. The film is very claustrophobic (unusual in Oliver Stone's work, I think), with limited sets and a frenzied atmosphere. Based on an actual person, it is predictable in its lead up to the climax, but I find it pretty powerful stuff.

Way to go, TT.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow. After about three previous announcements that did nothing for me, here come four movies I would like to own all in the same month.

Way to go, TT.
Now somebody is going to post that none of those titles does anything for them. That's film appreciation for you.:)

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, I'm off to the golf course; as I've got this increasing need to shout out "F-O-U-R"!!!:thumbs-up-smiley:

Suggestion Box:
"Snow Falling on Cedars" (1999) - Universal
DP Robert Richardson has 9 Oscar nominations and 3 wins.
Of these numbers, "Cedars" is his only remaining work that has yet to reach Blu.

Last edited:

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby

If you've not seen ROCK HUNTER, it has Frank Tashlin's truly nutty and subversive humor, including sight gags and double entendres, in the fashion of his work with Jerry Lewis and as a director of some of the best Warner Bros. cartoons.

THE ADMIRABLE CHRICHTON is the one of the bunch I haven't seen, but (despite Leonard Maltin's less than enthusiastic review) it seems to be one of those British comedies along the lines of THE MOUSE THAT ROARED (which TT could probably license) and the CARRY ON series. I think I'll rent it from 3D Rental before purchasing.

BEDAZZLED is a no-brainer. This film is really inventive. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were never funnier, and one can't get enough Raquel Welch, who could actually be a very good light comedian (THREE MUSKETEERS).

Then, alongside of three wacky comedies, we get TALK RADIO, which couldn't be more dissimilar. Eric Bogosian, who has always rubbed me the wrong way, does so here as well, but as the late-night radio talk show host, he is supposed to be arrogant, so the role is a perfect fit. The film is very claustrophobic (unusual in Oliver Stone's work, I think), with limited sets and a frenzied atmosphere. Based on an actual person, it is predictable in its lead up to the climax, but I find it pretty powerful stuff.

Way to go, TT.

The Admirable Crichton, whilst not a great film, was filmed in VistaVision so great expectations here.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Hopefully 4.0 stereo sound for WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER?. The UK Blu-ray has 2.0 sound, alternate music & effects track, and a few extras.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
We did The Admirable Chrichton play at my school, an odd choice for a rough all boys school in a slum area, but one of the teachers was really good at this stuff & used to tirelessly organize various plays (& musicals, we also did Oliver!). I love the film & love Kenneth More, & I just can't see anyone else being anything like as good in the part of Chrichton (& I don't think any actor could improve on Cecil Parker in the roll of Lord Loam). I think this is a brave choice for TT as I can't see it selling a lot in America (& I thought the same about The Virgin Soldiers), so good on ya TT.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Zero interest in Talk Radio (after the hideous W., I gave up on Stone). But the other three are definite purchases. Especially happy about The Admirable Crichton which has only been released (to the best of my knowledge) full frame so looking forward to seeing it in its proper aspect ratio. An absolutely charming film which should look eye popping on blu ray.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
. . . If you've not seen ROCK HUNTER, it has Frank Tashlin's truly nutty and subversive humor, including sight gags and double entendres, in the fashion of his work with Jerry Lewis and as a director of some of the best Warner Bros. cartoons.

It also has one of the funniest, zaniest opening gags ever, and I mean while the 20th Century Fox logo is still playing. My very strong recommendation to anyone who buys this disc is to watch it right from the beginning.

Frank Tashlin did a similar stunt with the opening of The Girl Can't Help It (also with Jayne Mansfield) where Tom Ewell talks to the camera and gives instructions to an off-screen lackey.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Zero interest in Talk Radio (after the hideous W., I gave up on Stone).

TALK RADIO came before W. I agree the latter is poor, but, depending upon your tolerance for Bogosian, TALK RADIO is pretty heady stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks