What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Spaceballs (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Marius W

Have you seen Dracula: Dead and loving it ?
Yes. I still say Life Stinks is Brooks' worst by far.

But I liked Spaceballs a lot without ever showing much interest in Star Wars. In fact, this is probably the best thing to come out of that whole franchise.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While my favorite Mel Brooks films are the older classics -- Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and The Producers -- this film gets put in a 2nd tier with History of the World - Part 1. I was a teenager when the first Star Wars film came out, so that may be why I like this spoof. I cannot explain why I do not care for High Anxiety, though, even though I'm a big Hitchcock fan. That spoof just didn't go over well with me.

Hopefully I will not be buying Spaceballs again for many years, as I'm very satisfied with this release.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Count me in as a fan of this movie, but I admit it's probably because I was young when I saw it. The opening ship fly-by and John Candy's line after Princess Vespa shot up all the bad guys are my favorite two parts of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks