What's new

HTF 1 , WARNER 0 - CATS & DOGS and LORDS need YOUR help! (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Ok,
I don't normally champion the causes, but the WONKA thing really shows the power we have as a community.
After reading about the power the WONKA pet. had, I checked out the other two (Cats & Dogs and Lord Of The Rings) just to see if they had gotten the support that WONKA did.
So far, the numbers have been disappointing. Just over 2000 on one and just over a 1000 for the other.
Well, gang..... this sends a somewhat disjointed message to Warner. It's OK to P&S titles that we as a HTF community deem maybe not as popular as WONKA!
B.S!
I provide the links here to the two pets. that need your immediate attention....
GO FORTH NEIGHBORS AND SUPPORT!
'nuff said
CATS & DOGS pet
LORD OF THE RINGS pet
Dugger

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Petitions signed.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I just signed both petitions. I hope this works, this P&S stuff is unacceptable.
-Keith-

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I thought Cats and Dogs was now listed as having both P&S and Widescreen. Is this a piece of misinformation?
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I did my part. #1988 for Cats & Dogs, and #2358 for LOTR.
KJP
------------------
MAR: Mutilated Aspect Ratio. Opposite of OAR. Describes the MARring of film releases by not releasing them in the original aspect ratio.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
The petition that needs the most support is the one that calls for all of Warner's product to include OAR. Lets get to the heart of the matter instead of just going release by release.
Here is a link to that petition:
Warner: Support the Entire DVD Community!
Warner is taking steps in the right direction, but a company policy that would ensure OAR as an option on each release is what we should be aiming for.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
It's kinda grim I suppose - wish we could just have got a blanket announcement from WB rather than a single one about a Wonka release.
Maybe it is my suspicious mind - divide and rule seems to work for my employer so why wouldn't it work for WB?
Lets keep it going until we get the announcement from WB that all DVDs will be released in OAR.
Don
------------------

DannyS

Second Unit
I'm signature 1581.
OAR PURLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!
God.. I shouldn't have to ask in a perfect world.
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

I'm all for widescreen and everything, and signed the Cats & Dogs petition because I realize that future "family" titles I may want are in danger of having OAR destroyed, but isn't this movie a steaming pile? :) On IMDB it got quite low marks, and I read many reviews that it's one of those kids movies that adults can't get in to. Comments?
------------------
Dai miei incubi e nei miei sogni -
Un' Esistenza Rovinata...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Pete, yes it was very painful to watch.
But I am a DVD addict, and I love the trailer.
crazy.gif

All I need really is for Warner to cross-promote Cats & Dogs by putting the trailer on a better disc (just not CK!).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong to sign the petitions for discs that you have no intention of buying? I for one have no interest in Cats & Dogs, and really couldn't care less if it was P&S. I did care about Wonka and signed for that one, and will likely buy the widescreen version when it comes out.
Forcing Warner to release WS versions of titles that you're not going to buy is just going to cause problems down the road. Sure, Wonka might sell great in WS, but if they see a 10000 sig petition for C&D, and it doesn't sell 10000 copies, then we have a problem.
Now Neverending Story on the other hand-I'd buy a WS version of that in a second!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I disagree completely. I think these petitions should be signed by everybody who want their movies OAR - regardless of whether they intend to buy the movie in question. It's a question of principle here - is it or is it not acceptable for a studio to start making non-OAR only releases? It obviously is not OK, and we should let them know so.
Every HTF member should sign the generic pro-OAR petition, in my opinion, and signing the other ones seems to me like a no brainer too.
I will probably not buy Wonka, but I did sign the petition. I care about the principle, not the movie itself - and so should any enthusiast who wants OAR in the future.
------------------
/Kimmo

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The title of the movies is really a moot point. These petitions have NOTHING to do with whatever movie it is. It has EVERYTHING to do with not letting a studio release only a pan-n-scan version. I know that you can't make the studio stop pressing p/s discs, but you also cannot allow them to NOT press the OAR version.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks