What's new

HTD center channel problem (1 Viewer)

Javon_W

Agent
I just received my HTD speakers and to my surprise the center channel it too big to fit on top of my Toshiba 42H81. I cannot put it on the floor since it would be too close to the couch so what should I do? is there some type of speak holder for the center channel to be set on a tv without tipping backwards or forwards?

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
They make great wall mounts that I use for my HTDII. See if you can mount the speaker above the TV using them. Call Chris over there he will give you good advice. I have my center on a stand in front of the screen.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Javon I have the 3 center to. It's a lunker isn't it?:D Give it a few weeks and let us know how you like it.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Javon;

I have the HTD Level III system and the Toshiba 42H81. Although this may not be the most ideal solution, you can put it on top of your TV by balancing it. A bit of the front will hang over the front and quite a bit more will hang off the back edge, but it will stay in place unless you violently shake the TV. The center channel has yet to fall off the top of that TV.

Ideally, you'd be able to build a stand/rack to go over the TV, but this could be a temporary thing until you get what you need.

Javon_W

Agent
Hey Jeffery,
I have done what you said and it's pretty stable :D I dont have any kids (I'm 20 and live with my girlfriend) so I'm all good in that department :emoji_thumbsup: I have been messing with the settings on my sony de 1075 and it is sounding pretty nice! I have analog cable so of course that doesnt sound too great but I connected my xbox (which is the main reason why I started building my home theater) and my gamecube and I must say that this sounds so awesome and I dont even have my rear surrounds yet!!! Resident evil sounds very spooky and the bass on these speakers have shocked and shakin' me and my girlfriend and I'm thinking about just getting the level 3 sub since i live in an apt. and dont need an svs (yes its sad I know:frowning: ) but I am very pleased so far and my father is coming over tomorrow to help tweak it more but I will give a full review within the coming weeks! (man that center channel is HUGE) Also I was reading about the design of the speakers on cnet and they said it's not much to look at but they are very sleek and I like the look. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Javon;

What color did you get? The ones I purchased were the dark cherry ones. They do look very nice, although they can't stand up to my recently acquired Divas in the looks department. (That's not a fair comparison though. Hardly anything looks as nice as Divas.)

I agree that the HTD line is killer when it comes to home theater. Anyone looking to build a good HT system on a budget should take a long, hard look at this line-up.

Javon_W

Agent
I got the black color since my whole living room is black and my girlfriend didn't approve of the red (girls always play a factor in mens "toys":angry:) I wanted to get the divas since they look SOOOO beatiful but I didn't know about diva or axiom's until i already purchased my HTD's. I'm going to take pics of my home theater this week. Right now I'm at work and can't wait to get home and play with my toys and today is my anniversary so it's going to be tough trying to spend time with my signifigant other and my new toys!!:b I also received the new sony AV-3000 and it works like a charm.:emoji_thumbsup:

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Javon, someone pointed me to this from Lovan yesterday. If you end up needing something a bit more solid, that may be the ticket.
I hope that helps...
Regards,
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks