What's new

HT Survey (please help us with a new product idea) (1 Viewer)

Hello all,
Ron was nice enough to allow me to post this link to a home theater software survey being conducted by a few friends and myself. The purpose of the survey is to assist us with some projections relating to a new product idea that we think will benefit the HT community. If the projections show that the idea is viable, we will move forward. Unfortunately, I can’t elaborate on the idea here, and the survey itself is a bit vague. This is by design however, as we don’t want to influence the results in any direction by indication why we’re asking. I realize that’s a bit of a tease, but I hope you’ll understand. If the projections show what we hope and expect, we’ll be able to shed more light on our plan in the future, and continue to involve the HTF as much as possible.
The survey is completely anonymous of course, and just a single page that should only take a few minutes to fill out. We thank you very much for taking the time to look, and appreciate your help.
The survey is located here: http://66.171.71.25/
-Jason

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Done.
Personally, I wouldn't be too interested in a used media trading system. I'm a pack rat. I keep just about everything I ever buy or am given. I have a hard time parting with stuff (and have the bedroom, attic, basement, and rented self-storage room to proove it).
As far as media (movies, music, etc.), I either buy something because I want it, or ask for it as a gift because I want it. I don't get rid of stuff I want. For the rare unsolicited gift, if it's something I truly have absolutely no interest in, I may try to exchange it.
I would only be interested in trading if it's a "trade-up". This was part of one of the questions on the survey. I may consider a trade if I was getting a better version of the same thing; in other words, I may trade my VHS movie for someone else's DVD of the same movie, or I may trade my plain-version DVD for someone else's ultra-platinum-vista-special-super-duper-version of the same title.
In general, I would not be interested in buying something that's used, because I prefer to buy new stuff. I like unwrapping it. I like knowing I'm the first person (first consumer, at least) to handle it. I like feeling secure that someone else hasn't gotten their fingerprints on it, sneezed on it, coughed on it, dropped it, wiped their ass with it, or whatever. In general, I would only consider buying a used title if it was impossible to buy the same thing new (it's been discontinued for quite some time and all local and online retailers have completely exhausted their stock).
However, I can understand and appreciate that this is just my own opinion, and others may not feel the same way. If there's enough of you that don't mind or even enjoy buying or trading used stuff, by all means, I hope this works out for you! :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd be up for a system that created parity trades - that is, people swap films they don't like for ones they do of equal value, without any bother about costs, just each person writing it off as better than what they had.

This situation happens sometimes when I buy a DVD of a film I haven't seen but EXPECT I'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks