What's new

HT-PC "jukebox" instead of CD/DVD-Player? (1 Viewer)

Felix_

Auditioning
The Question to the high-end Audio- and Video-Freaks:

While the Audio- and HT-Industry is discussing copy-protection, a confusing number of competing standards, regional codes etc. and cannibalising it's own business the HT-PC might be the winner!?

1) Will a video-stream played from a 300GB hard-disc-drive and controlled through a Media-Center have the same quality as from a DVD-player (e.g. speed-tolerances)?

2) Will modern A/V-Receivers take over D/A-conversion for audio in the same quality as high-end DVD-players?

3) What will be the Audio and Video-Format corresponding with HDV and HD-DVD?
High quality audio in comparison to HD-pictures (ending up at 1920 x 1080) seems to be the looser within the last years as SACD and DVD-Audio are reported to have already decreasing sales figures (smart industry: 2 standards instead of one ... never accepted by the client!)

5) It's completely inconsistent: Whily music can be down-loaded to each and every device in various formats (paying for it in various ways - or not), the video-industry thinks that their products can be copy-protected totally and no video will find it's way from a DVD to a HT-PC. Who will win?

Whats your opinion?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I just use Megachangers which I distribute over my house and sound better than media juke boxes for a fraction of the price.
Much less pain and no "boy am I screwed if....."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks