What's new

HSU 500 Watt amp vs Samson 1000 (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Does anybody know whether the "yet to be released" 500 W amp from HSU will be fan cooled? I am considering the dual Ultra package from SVS but am worried that the fan noise from the Samson 1000 will be objectionable! I will be placing the amp on a Lovan audio rack and my seating position is about 11 feet away. If the HSU is fan-less and 500W per channel...may be the way to go. Any comments? I have reviewd some of the comments on the Samson on this forum and some say they can't hear the noise at all and some say they can hear it from 15 feet away.Any Ultra guys out there...

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have the Samson 1000 with a 20-39+ setup and I don't hear a thing. I have my gear in a enclosed rack with glass doors though but the doors are open when playing. My listening position is about 11 feet away also. Hope that helps.
Matt
GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!:)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I have my S1000 about 8 ft away in an open style rack in my bedroom and I don't hear a thing even when I sleep. I don't think you should have any problem if i don't.

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
The nice part about the sound of the Samson fans is that it is not objectionable (IMO). Even if you're a foot away (where the fans are quite audible), they make a pleasant sound...sort of a gentle low whoosh.

At 8 feet in my room (S1000 on rack with closed sides but open front and back), the fans are audible when the room is otherwise quiet...but the sound is hardly noticeable and certainly not annoying at all.

I actually measured once, and found that I had to back off about 15 feet for my ears to be unable to hear the fans at all. But even at 11 feet, there wasn't much to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks