What's new

How's Superman:TMOS for XBOX?? (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Was looking for some reviews or opinions on this game. Does it support 480P or widescreen TVs. Thanks.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
IGN slammed it hard.

Presentation
It's got a variety of Superman friends and foes, nine total costumes, and your main menu is the Fortress of Solitude. 7.0
Graphics
Average visuals with a sprawling Metropolis that looks too dark to be considered true to the comics. Bad character models and some nasty slowdown. 5.0
Sound
Great score, 5.1 cut-scenes with a cheap working of 5.1 for in-game play. Some miscast voice, but the score is great. 7.0
Gameplay
Crap. When will Superman get off the dope and fly straight? 3.0
Lasting Appeal
It would be short if you could control the main character properly. Lots of unlockables that get unlocked simply by beating levels. Bad game, you won't likely want to finish. 3.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 4.7

Scott "E"

Second Unit
IGN seems to have summed it up pretty well, unfortunately. I really wanted to like this game, but the numerous flaws, mainly the control completely ruins it. This one will be going back to EB today.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Seriously, with all the power of the current consoles on the market why are developers still shoveling shit like this onto the market. Are some of these guys that untalented or just plain lazy and inept? I swear if I see games like this next generation with the next level of super consoles I'm done with gaming. I'm constantly losing faith in some of these developers as they contine to push out aborted attempts at good games complete with bad controls, poor graphics, flicker, popups, and jaggies. During the 32 bit era this was acceptable but developers have had the chance to get used to the concept of making games in this medium. We should have been past all this but I guess we're not, especially with so many gamers settling for mediocrity.
This is the first generation where I've heard the phrase graphics don't matter mentioned. Maybe in a couple generations we'll all be settling for utter crap and calling people game whores when they complain about the fact that for their $50 all they got was the box and the instruction manual. I bet this game will sell too. :angry: This is one of the only industries where I've actually seen consumers chastise others for wanting more for their money. I'm still waiting for car buyers to start bitching at the guy who wants both performance and a car that doesn't look like a box on wheels. I mean, why try to get the complete package in a game when you can get half a game for the price of a full one.
Sorry for the rant but this stuff just pisses me off how some of these developers whether they be lazy or just inept can put out some of these games and expect people to pay money for them.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Apparently they just can't seem to make a GOOD Superman game. For the few game reviews I've seen, they are bashing 'em up pretty good.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I swear if I see games like this next generation with the next level of super consoles I'm done with gaming.
Looks like your done with gaming Duane. There will always be craptastic games released. On every platform! Its one constant that will always persevere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks