What's new

Xbox Series X 2 (2028) (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I read through the leaks and frankly there's like 4 big takeaways:

1 - the new controller will connect directly online so you can play GamePass with it pretty much anywhere on anything. This is what the Stadia controller did, too.

2 - the new Series S/X models are slightly more efficient and have no disc drives but are launching at $300/500 in about a year. The new Series X is a cylinder.

3 - the next gen is probably in 2028 and Microsoft wants a hybrid platform. Think digital-only with a lot of streaming or internet-supported features (like what Crackdown 3 was supposed to have but then didn't).

4 - Bethesda seems to expect to make a bunch of remakes of their biggest Xbox/360 games (Morrowind, Fallout 3). Otherwise, a new Doom was revealed and there's 3 or 4 unnamed games in the list.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Yeah, a digital only console would mean that M$ would lose me as a client and that I'd stick with whichever console has a drive/cartridge.

If none of them have it, I'm good. My backlog is waiting for me to catch up on it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks