What's new

How's my upgrade path? (1 Viewer)

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
Hey guys- I was just hoping I could double check my strategy with some enthusiests. Comments are more than welcome.
Currently:
display: 19 inch Samsung TV
DVD: PS2 with composite cables
reciever: Harman Kardon AVR 110
speakers: harman HTIB
satelite: Dish 501 PVR
Upgrades currently being shipped to me:
display: Tosh 42H80
DVD: JVC XVS65GD (thanks for the review ron)
cables: AR componet and Svideo across the board
next up, after these are implemented:
1) Learning Remote (probably pronto, or HTM-1000)
2) definately Dish6000 HD set top box, with OTA module and antenae
3) possibly PSB image speakers for front sound stage/music
and I think this should carry me through for a little while. I am in a thrid floor aprtment with hardwood floors. Eventually, I'd like to get a more advanced reciever with pre-amp outs and capabilities for side surrounds, but to be honest, everyone who comes over as well as myself is impressed with the small HK system. I don't even get the chance to really open it up that much, so I think the video upgrades I'm currently in the process of should be sufficient for a little while.
thanks
[Edited last by Rob Robinson on October 22, 2001 at 11:50 AM]

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Looks like you are doing a soopa doopa job.I am working on the video portion right now.My 36" set recently went to the giant tube in the sky so I had to bring my 27" out of the bedroom.I am hoping to do a nice sized rp or possibly fptv first of the year,and I will of course have to upgrade to a progressive scan dvd player then...I think...
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Brett Z

Auditioning
I would recommend the MX 500 instead of the 1000. Go to remotecentral.com what I have read it that the 500 is better and eaiser to use.
Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks