What's new

How to setup Home Theater and multiroom speakers? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Sulse

Auditioning
Looking for some technical advice and my situation is this:
A very simple 5.1 surround system in family room which can control the in-wall/ceiling multi-room speakers located throughout the house. I would also like the family system to send audio to a separate 7.1 surround system (main movie watching area) located in the opposite side of the house so that all speakers in the house can play the same audio signal. What has me a bit confused is all the distribution amp boxes, individual room volume and IR controls. Is there a basic schematic which can help me choose the correct hardware complex multi-room audio/visual system?

Thanks,
Joseph

mylan

Screenwriter
I too am confused about this. I have a seperate H.T.room that I did not connect to a whole house audio system that I will do later but now I wish I had. I have speakers in the kitchen, greatroom, master bath, and screened in porch. ALL rooms have a blank wall plate and cat5 and 16/4 speaker wire runs so that I can do simple volume controls or real keypads (but I digress!)
It sounds like you are asking too much out of a simple receiver solution as this would tax the amps, esp. that other 5.1 set-up unless you go with the Denon 5805, which is $6,000 and even then, may have to add additional amps. I would look into a multi room audio set-up from Russound or Niles for your audio and maybe a good receiver that can do 2nd zone for the other theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks