What's new

How to set up a jWin w/connection limitations (1 Viewer)

Wyz_sub10

Grip
Real Name
Duane
I recently bought a jWin 701 wireless surround sound system. As I'm unpacking it, I realize that I may not be able to properly connect it.

The 701 requires a 5.1 input from a DVD player, but requires RCA cables. Two problems for me:

1) none of my DVD players have 5.1 RCA outputs (all have coax/optical digital outputs, or 2-channel RCA outputs)

1) I actually wanted to have the speakers output from a Receiver...but most receivers (my 2, anyway) only have 2-channel outputs, and (of course) connects for the speakers and subwoofer.

Now, the 701 connects this way - RCA 5.1 to the subwoofer, subwoofer to C/FR/FL. A rear RF receiver connects to the RL and RR for "wireless" surround. I know I can hook the C/FR/FL and SW right to the receiver, but then I can't get the RR/RL channels to the back RF receiver.

Does this make sense? Are there any adapters/options for this?

Wyz_sub10

Grip
Real Name
Duane
No one, huh?

Anyone suggest a workaround? Or maybe know of a cheap receiver with 5.1 RCA outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks