What's new

How to send US Dollars to Canada? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Is there a way to have someone up there receive a money order in USD instead of CAD?

Of course, I could send a money order which they would receive in CAD and convert back to USD, but I figure they will lose some bucks in the process.

Is there another way?

Thanks.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I need the receiver to end up with USD in hand. Will the Canadian post office give USD?

--
H

PaulT

Supporting Actor

No, but I believe any Bank will cash an International Money Order in USD and give USD back (at least mine will - CIBC).

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, it's for lil'sis, she don't know squat about Paypal, and it's kinda urgent.

I know the name of her bank, I'll call'em up.

Thanks for the various inputs.

--
H

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Western Union would work but like most methods the amount is going to get converted into Cdn funds. If you must send US funds I'd express mail a money order (not from the post office as they're not valid up here) or simply get the bank info and have your bank directly transfer the money to her account.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I second that. Used it to pay for an Ebay aution I won from a Canadian and would not accept Paypal but wanted U.S. $$$$$$$$$.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I stand corrected. Its just I was sent one once from the post office that was useless up here..never did get another one either:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks