What's new

How to select Pro Logic II? (1 Viewer)

Sacha_C

Second Unit
I just noticed on the receiver I'm getting (Sony STR-985), there's no "Pro Logic II" button neither on the unit or the remote, how do you select pro logic II movie/music modes?
I'll probably have the receiver and speakers in 2-3 hours now, I can't wait :)
Thanks

Eric_Ennis

Auditioning
On most of the Sony receivers in order to access the DPLII and DTS Neo6 modes, you just repeatedly push the "Normal Surround" selection. Pushing it once should give you Pro Logic, push it again right away and you should start cycling through the alternate modes DPLII: Movies, DPLII: Music, NEO6: Cinema, and NEO6: Music.

-Eric

BruceLongee

Agent
I have the 985 - you need to either hit the Customize button on the receiver, or hit the Main Menu button on the remote until you get to the Customize menu. Then go to the "2Ch Mode" option, where you can choose between Pro Logic, PL II Movie, and PL II Music.

There are no Neo options because the 985 doesn't do DTS Neo or DTS ES (although it does regular DTS).

Sacha_C

Second Unit
Thanks, I had figured it out after a while of looking through the settings. This receiver sure has tons and tons more options than all the minisystems I've ever had! No to mention the sound is amazing!

Sacha_C

Second Unit
The 5.1 speaker kit, and I fine the sound amazing, way better then my old minisystems. I am pretty sure I will keep these speakers or maybe replace juste the front left/right ones in a few months.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks