What's new

small home theater hook-up ?'s (1 Viewer)

killercuda

Auditioning
Real Name
randi
another novice here and any help would be greatly appreciated! i would like to know if some people could tell me how to connect my system " optimally "? i dont have the manuals because these components were given to me . i have the following : a standard cable box with composite out , digital audio out (rca) s-video ,ir, usb port . the television is a toshiba 32AF45 with colorstream it has 3 composite video imputs , 1 s-video imput and 1 component video imput the dvd player has 1 composite out , 1 s-video out , 1 component video out , and 1 digital audio out (coaxial) the vcr has just 2 composite , 1 in 1 out . now for me ,the chaos begins ! the HT Receiver is a pioneer VSX-9300TX . to me this seems to have alot of options for hook-ups . i don't want to give the specs for fear of messing it up . i'm sure atleast someone here is familiar with this receiver , and could tell me how to "optimally" apply my other components . i was told it was a decent receiver . please , any help would be greatly appreciated , thanx Type Receiver

Number of Channels 7.1 Channels

Stereo Mode Power 110 Watt @ 8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD: 0.09%

Surround Mode Power 110 Watt @ 8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD: 0.09%

Surround Sound DTS ES® • THX EX® • Dolby Pro Logic II • DTS Neo:6 • DTS 96/24

THX Certification Select
Inputs / Outputs
Rear Input Connectors RCA (2 Audio Channels) x 9 • Digital Coaxial x 2 • Digital Optical x 3 • S-Video x 5 • Component x 2

PC Interface USB

Surround Analog Inputs 7.1 Channels x 1

Preamp Outputs 7.1 Channels
Convenience
Tuner Presets 30 Channels

On Screen Display With OSD
Remote Control
Remote Control Type Learning

Illuminated Remote Illuminated

Design Keypad with Display
Dimensions
Weight 45 lb.
Miscellaneous
MPN VSX9300TX

Product ID 24968659

jonny h

Agent
Randi-
It looks like your receiver should upconvert composite and s-video to component. My reccomendation is to run everything through the receiver, both audio and video. Then it's just a simple click on your remote and you don't have to worry about inputs on the TV. This will actually take a little bit of time on the set-up, but in the end it will be easier. Here is how I would do it:
Cable box:
Video - S-video to the Receiver's TV/Sat In
Audio - Digital audio (coaxial) to the Receiver's Digital CD In (It's a black RCA Jack on the far left)

DVD player:
Video - component to the Receiver's Assignable [1] component
Audio - Digital audio (coaxial) to the Receiver's Digital DVD/LD In (right above digital CD in)

VCR:
Video - composite out to the Receiver's VCR1/DVR in
composite in to the Receiver's VCR1/DVR out
Audio - If you have the Red & White audio out, same as video. Otherwise, we have problems.

Television - connect the Receiver's Monitor Out component to your TV's component in

That's it for wires. Look in the manual for how to re-assign inputs. You need to assign the CD digital audio to the TV/Sat input and the Assignable [1] component to the DVD/LD input.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks