What's new

How to Hide Unsightly Wires (1 Viewer)

kyle-sm

Agent
Hello everyone I can't figure out how to covertly run my wires to my rear speakers. In my last apartment I just stuffed them all underneath the crown molding without a problem. In my new place I can't get the wires under there bc the space is so tight. How can I secure the wires in place so they don't move away from where the carpet meets the wall? I was thinking about putting a nail in the carpet and bending it over the wires but if someone is running around without shoes....... this could hurt their feet. Anyone know of something specifically made for this purpose?

MikeGee

Second Unit
Actually you can buy U shaped staples instead that tacks it up pretty nice and snug. They come in all sorts of sizes. No real danger of someone hurting themselves on that.

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator
Or you could buy the stick on wire tracks. You can get them in plastic or metal, paintable or not, etc. They blend in pretty well in most instances, but always look better than bare wires laying around.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The Stick on (surface mount) Wire Molding is available at just about any Home Depot, Menards, or Other Hardware store... They are simular to the ones in this link.

(quick google find)
http://cableorganizer.com/surface-raceways/pan-way.htm

U staples can be found at the same stores either in a Staple Gun type form or in the electrical department and are installed with a hammer, but.....

I would go with the Stick on Track. Less Chance of Damaging your wires and can be bought in several different sizes with Right angle, Corner and other connectors to make it look really clean when you are done.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you have carpet, it’s a piece of cake. Just us a flat blade screw driver and stuff the wires down between the baseboard and the carpet.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
PS the One's in the link I posted above sell for 15.99 online..way over priced the hardware stores have the same thing and are about $4-$6 for each 6 foot Section.

kyle-sm

Agent

yeah I know this is what I did in my last place. This place I just moved into I can't get them under there, I think the molding is mounted really low on the wall or when they were chunking the carpet they stuffed a whole lot of carpet under there. Either way I can't get them in there.

I'll be going to Home Depot, thanks guys.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Plan B then. Get some needle nose pliers and see if you can pull the carpet up right there at the baseboard. Yes, sometimes they stuff it down pretty good right there, but it should pull up. An inch or so from the baseboard they’ll have the tack strip. You can slip the wire down between the tack strip and the baseboard, then use the screwdriver to stuff the carpet back down at the edge of the baseboard. IOW, the speaker wire ends up under the carpet in the space between the tack strip and baseboard.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks