What's new

How to get 24bit/96KHz digital output from Audiophile 2496 in Win2K? (1 Viewer)

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Hi guys,

I have Win2K SP2 and the Audiophile 2496 with the latest drivers released Nov, and I can't seem to get 24bit/96KHz digital output to my prepro. I seem to be stuck at 16bit/48KHz, which defeats the purpose of the Audiophile 2496. I tried this wrapper that I was recommended, but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Sihan,

Does the card itself upsample? I was under the impression it didn't (most 24/96 cards are 24/96 because they support the ability to pass and record that rate and bitdepth-- not because they can create those rates from thin air).

I am having trouble getting my card to pass digital, at all. But I would assume that if you're getting 16/44.1 from CD- that if you ripped that track to file, used an editor to upsample it to 24/96- that you'd see the card could pass it.

Again- i might very well be confused, but I was never under the impression that the MAudio card's "whole purpose" was making 24/96 audio out of thin air (rather the main appeal for HTPC, as far as I understand, is bit for bit digital transmission of digital audio like DD and DTS-- which would mean 16/48! The main marketing of the card is that it allows you to record from analog sources at 24/96 as well as pass that bit rate to equipment that supports the rate.)

-Vince

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Vince, that's a good observation. However, I'm using the MAD Winamp plugin that has an algorithm for upsampling to either 24 or 32bit. I'm choosing the 24 bit option but I can't get that to work since it gives me an error message about it exceeding my hardware capabilities.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Interesting.

Well, if you give me a day or two I can post a 10 second 24 bit 96k wav file and you could try to play that. The problem might be in the winamp plugin.

-Vince

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
My audio PC is currently "on location" being used in a mixing session for a movie. Will post once it is returned home.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks