What's new

how to extend remote to cable box (1 Viewer)

OK I am setting up two TVs in our condo, both of which require a cable box. They will be back to back on a wall. I have no room for a piece of furniture in the bedroom because you need to walk through but I will have a tv stand in the living room.
I was thinking of installing an extender on the bedroom wall and passing through to the other side down the wall and into the tv stand below. However it has dawned on me that with both cable boxes in the tv stand, the extender would probably change channels on both TVs so maybe this wont work.
I could mount cable box to the wall....any other ideas? thanks
Dave

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
OK I am setting up two TVs in our condo, both of which require a cable box. They will be back to back on a wall. I have no room for a piece of furniture in the bedroom because you need to walk through but I will have a tv stand in the living room.
I was thinking of installing an extender on the bedroom wall and passing through to the other side down the wall and into the tv stand below. However it has dawned on me that with both cable boxes in the tv stand, the extender would probably change channels on both TVs so maybe this wont work.
I could mount cable box to the wall....any other ideas? thanks
Dave

Sounds like you need something with an extender with an emitter that can sit directly in front of the remote eye of only one box so it doesn't trigger the other box. If you can physically separate the box controlling the BR TV (behind a door or several shelves different on the TV stand it would make it easier).

I'm assuming the boxes can't be programmed with different remote control codes or that one box can't be IR only and the other box RF only

John Mathew

Auditioning
Real Name
John Mathew
Many human beings are opting to hang their TVs on walls in preference to using ground area with what many now view as an unattractive, bulky and messy leisure device. To do that, they ought to purchase a wall-mount bracket and run wires through the walls or ceiling so there are not unsightly wires hanging out of the wall-established TV These cables are for video source system — specially for DVD and Blu-ray players, DVRs and cable boxes — and people usually want those out of sight together with the cables. But there is an inevitable hassle: How do you use faraway controls if all of the video assets are out of sight?This trouble comes up because your faraway control makes use of a wireless generation referred to as an infrared sign, or "IR" for brief here. Unlike your Wi-Fi signal that uses radio frequency that could go through partitions, your far off manipulate's IR sign requires line of sight. So as soon as you have moved your system to a place that isn't always without problems viewable out of your couch, you may start to have issues with your widespread faraway manage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks