What's new

How to connect my PC to my RPTV? (1 Viewer)

BrandonP

Auditioning
I have a GeForce 3 that has a VGA and an S-Video output on the back....the VGA I use for the monitor obviously and the S-Video isnt being used.

I do have a VGA input along with all the usual inputs on the back of my 55" Mits.

I have heard a direct VGA is a very good way to do it without lots of converters and what not but I believe that my computer has to be in a certain resolution or something to get it to display on the TV.

Should I try to use the direct VGA to VGA or get a special cable to do it a different way?

Also if I do use the direct VGA to VGA is there anyway to split it so that I can use the Monitor and the TV without manually switching the cables back and forth?

Thanks for the help gang!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, get a new video card with double monitor output would be your best bet. Plenty of them out there, and you won't get the signal degredation you do through a switchbox

Download PowerStrip for the resolution problem

VGA is the way to go for the best signal

Mike Sogge

Stunt Coordinator
The VGA input on your Mits is probably limited to a low resolution and refresh (at least it's that way on ours). Not really that useful. However, your set more than likely also has an RGBHV input with RCA connectors. You can purchase cables that have a VGA connector on one end and 5 separate RCA's on the other. This would be a better, albeit more expensive, method of hooking your PC up than using the VGA input port.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks