What's new

How to connect HTPC to TV? (1 Viewer)

AnandS

Agent
I am buying a new home and it is in beginning construction phase. I have decided that I will do HTPC...but my PC is in a different room. I would like to use the computer for general purpose (photoshop/word/excel/internet) in my office. But then also have the HTPC feature available on my TV in living room.

I have HDMI connection right now on mobo already plus have two DVI connections that I am using for 2 monitors.

So I have to run cables...wondering what I should be running...HDMI cable alone or I will also need a Ethernet connection from PC to TV?

Note: I am not planning on using the computer at the same time that I may use HTPC features...Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to be in two places at the same time yet. :P

AnandS

Agent
Are the one directional long run HDMI cables ok for this? I have to make a run of at least 75' from PC to TV

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Can app and firmware updates for the TV be unloaded and installed via HDMI? If not, then a network cable should also be run to the router or install a wireless dongle, if your TV has that capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks