What's new

How to connect Audigy MP3 card output to receiver (1 Viewer)

JonahWicky

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at a dead end trying to connect my PC to play music through my receiver. I've tried connecting to the audio input of a video channel on the receiver, and directly to the 5.1 channel input, but I get a bad hum through the speakers both ways.

The Audigy card has 3 output jack connections:
Analog/Digital Out, Line Out & Rear OUT. Which one(s) should I use, and where should I connect them at the receiver? What kind of cables do I need?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
If I'm not mistaken the Audigy has a different arangement than the one you listed... Front R/L out, Rear R/L out, and Center/Sub out, which is also used for the make-shift digital connection...
You should be using the Front analog outputs if you're just using it for two channels... and the 5.1 inputs accordingly with their labeled outputs on the card... it seems that you're confused as to the actual outputs on the card...
Here's the link for the manual if you need more info on that:
http://www.americas.creative.com/sup...s/AudigyPL.pdf
The hum you describe could be caused by interferance or a ground loop... does your reciever have a digital coaxial connection by any chance?

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
I had problems with this audio card too, trying to get it setup correctly, the best thing to do is to plug it all in nicely, and what u think is correct using the PDF above and then stick in a DVD with THX Optimode or Avia. And then go from there. I had to fix my brothers Audigy card this way, it takes about 3 minutes depending on accessability of the cables but its not to difficult.

JonahWicky

Stunt Coordinator
I think we're talking about the same output configuration. They're labeled as I noted on the card, and the manual shows them as you said. Is it worth making a digital connection or the 5.1 to play MP3s, or should I just stick with 2 channel analog and let the receiver handle the surround decoding? Do the MP3 files usually contain 5.1 information?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks