What's new

How to connect a PC to Bose 5.1 home theater (1 Viewer)

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
You still haven't told us whether you've checked the input assignment is set to auto or hdmi in your Bose settings. A picture where you've tried plugging the hdmi cable in would be helpful also

mitzaotomitza

Auditioning
Real Name
Mitzao
Thx for all you how helped me go through this.
The case is solved.

It was a conflict between the nvidia sound and the onboard sound.
When I uninstalled the realtek MSi audio driver and disabled the onboard sound in Bios I was able to get the nvidia to play sound through one HDMI cable to the Bose receiver.
I wasn't happy because I lost the video quality and I want multiple monitors, I need all the Nvidia ports.
I got back to the realtek on board sound . All I had to do is to uninstall the Nvidia audio, get an optical cable from MSI board to the Bose receiver and Voila. Sometimes the solution is very simple. I wasted so much time just because I missed to uninstall nvidia driver and leave only the Realtek.
Now you might think : DUH - how can you miss that. Well it can happen to anybody to miss the right solution, that's why we have these forums to help each other.
Once again THX to Everyone!

MIke

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
mitzaotomitza said:
Thx for all you how helped me go through this.
The case is solved.

It was a conflict between the nvidia sound and the onboard sound.
When I uninstalled the realtek MSi audio driver and disabled the onboard sound in Bios I was able to get the nvidia to play sound through one HDMI cable to the Bose receiver.
I wasn't happy because I lost the video quality and I want multiple monitors, I need all the Nvidia ports.
I got back to the realtek on board sound . All I had to do is to uninstall the Nvidia audio, get an optical cable from MSI board to the Bose receiver and Voila. Sometimes the solution is very simple. I wasted so much time just because I missed to uninstall nvidia driver and leave only the Realtek.
Now you might think : DUH - how can you miss that. Well it can happen to anybody to miss the right solution, that's why we have these forums to help each other.
Once again THX to Everyone!

MIke
Your solution doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm glad your happy none the less :)

mitzaotomitza

Auditioning
Real Name
Mitzao
Hey Sean

What do you think is wrong with my settings?

I have this Bose p28III 5.1 channel already wired through the walls. It was use to be the place of my media center with Large tv ps 3....etc. Now I have my pc station and I want to enjoy the audio quality of this Bose system and use my three monitors at the same time.
The MSI big bang x79 has a great onboard sound. The nvidia 660ti is not a bad choice either. Why would I waste a hdmi port from nvidia card when I can get out a great digital sound from the MSI board with the realtek drivers , true surround and audio genie soft provided by MSI ?
I just have an optical cable from the board to the Bose receiver. Sound is DECENT!
The only bad part is that anytime I have to set up the Bose settings I have to change the cables and get an HDMI one out of the Bose receiver to one of the monitors which should act as a "TV" so I can see what I am doing. You can t operate all Bose settings unless you have a tv.
What do you think I am missing here? Any better ideas about the set up? Remember this is just a Pc station not a huge high def tv entertainment center for movies.
The thing is that I couldn t move this Bose thing to another room. Pulling the audio cables through the attic was one of the worst experiences. This new set up is Pc image / video editing station. Having a good sound is a plus to the powerful editing force of the system.

Let me know what you think?

Mike

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
mitzaotomitza said:
Hey Sean

What do you think is wrong with my settings?

I have this Bose p28III 5.1 channel already wired through the walls. It was use to be the place of my media center with Large tv ps 3....etc. Now I have my pc station and I want to enjoy the audio quality of this Bose system and use my three monitors at the same time.
The MSI big bang x79 has a great onboard sound. The nvidia 660ti is not a bad choice either. Why would I waste a hdmi port from nvidia card when I can get out a great digital sound from the MSI board with the realtek drivers , true surround and audio genie soft provided by MSI ?
I just have an optical cable from the board to the Bose receiver. Sound is DECENT!
The only bad part is that anytime I have to set up the Bose settings I have to change the cables and get an HDMI one out of the Bose receiver to one of the monitors which should act as a "TV" so I can see what I am doing. You can t operate all Bose settings unless you have a tv.
What do you think I am missing here? Any better ideas about the set up? Remember this is just a Pc station not a huge high def tv entertainment center for movies.
The thing is that I couldn t move this Bose thing to another room. Pulling the audio cables through the attic was one of the worst experiences. This new set up is Pc image / video editing station. Having a good sound is a plus to the powerful editing force of the system.

Let me know what you think?

Mike
The best possible connection for audio quality is an HDMI connection. Optical doesn't allow for 1. Lossless audio, 2. 7.1 sound formats. Why would you be worried about using up an hdmi port on your video card? that's what it's there for. Hdmi cables will carry audio AND video, so you only need one cord. That being said, I don't know why you were having such a problem hooking up and getting sound from the hdmi cable before, .. so if you've finally got sound, don't worry about it! just run with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks