What's new

How much gas go up last night in your town? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I read something today in the news that stocks were up because the price of oil had "stablized"...whatever the hell that means.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
$2.29 for DIESEL in Denton TX which is about the same as unleaded premium here. You get more diesel from a barrel of oil than gasoline. It's cheaper and easier to refine (basically you just strain out the dinosaur bones:) ). Why is it more expensive than regular gas? I read that oil companies are shipping it to Europe because they can make more money for it there. Get ready for some inflation because everything you buy travels by a diesel truck at some point.
I'm not a disgruntled trucker, I drive a diesel VW and always get over 40 MPG.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Here in Washington State, we were just told this morning that gas prices will be going up another 6-10 cents tomorrow.

AND the legislature wants to tack on ANOTHER 15 cent tax per gallon. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If the oil prices are stabiliizing, then WHY aren't the prices at the pump? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Colton

Supporting Actor
I guess we may never see gas below $2.00 ever again. If it should stabilize - it will probably stay well above $2.00. :frowning:

No long car trips out of state this summer for our family.

- Colton

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I have read an article that suggests that Wall Street is overestimating future oil prices and that has something to do with it. I believe that Goldman Sachs issued a report that suggested that the price of a barrel will get into the $100s. The article also suggested that there is an oil surplus as well and prices should eventually come down. I have no idea how credible the guy who wrote it was though. It did sound a bit like wishful thinking.

David McGough

Second Unit
Today Reg is $2.24.. We are getting ripped.
I just got back from Brisotl race. Gas in Knoxville Bristol
was averageing 2.09 2.12..
There is a Jackson Tenn gas cartell going on.. The rich get richer,

SteveA

Supporting Actor

An important observation by Mort. I heard some talking head on TV last night advocating a $2.00 a gallon cap on gas prices. Something like that would most certainly guarantee long lines at the pump, just like in the 70's.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Gas here in Grand Rapids went up from $2.18 to $2.43 for regular unleaded. I'm thinking by the summer, we'll see gas around $3 a gallon. Joy!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Jumped yesterday in St. Louis. In the morning most places were $2.14 to $2.18 but by the end of the day I saw $2.29 to $2.39. Found one last station at $2.14 and filled up.

Glad to be driving a small car that gets 30 mpg and not an SUV that gets 1/2 of that.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
$2.50 gal for premium now, regular is now $2.30 only a few weeks ago premium was less than 2.30.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
$2.18 today in Gardendale, suburb of Birmingham. Is it just me, or are the prices going up now by the hour instead of by the day?:angry:

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Someone please explain to me how it goes-up 10 cents per gallon over night between Saturday and Sunday, when the markets are not even open!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

It's the price on futures that is stabilizing, meaning we won't see any real effects at the pump for a little while. As long as demand remains high, there is no reason for gas prices to drop greatly out of the blue. People so far have been unwilling to change their driving habits and driving means.

Here in New Jersey I just filled up for $2.04 a gallon. Gas tax is about the only tax we get a break on here in the land of taxes.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks