What's new

How much gas go up last night in your town? (1 Viewer)

Mike DBS

Grip
Real Name
Mike

I worked it out $ us limeys are paying the equivalent of $5.89/U.S. Gallon :angry: :thumbsdown:

This is due to the fact our highway robbery goverment are charging 80% tax on UK fuel....:frowning:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just reading an update on the subject and the national bargain is in New Jersey...$1.91.
They also mentioned that New Joisey doesn't allow self serve gas stations.
Do they still give away steak knives? :D

DavidY

Supporting Actor
In the past week or 10 days, the price for regular (87 octane) went from 88.9 cents Canadian per litre to 92.9. Assuming $1 US = $1.20 Canadian...that's US$2.80 per gallon to US$2.93 per gallon, respectively.

Dave

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor

Be careful what you wish for. A smiling peanut farmer tried fixing gas prices in the late 70's and we ended up with lines for purchase. His predecessor tried wage and price controls that was equally a failure. The caretaker in between those two at least kept his hands in his pockets and just passed out buttons.

$2.39 at every station in my area. No lines.;)

Mort

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Paid $2.23 for regular, although I saw one place at $2.29.

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
You guys that think fuel efficient cars are the answer are just kidding yourselves. Here in WA, our legislators have decided that since people are buy more economic cars, they aren't getting as much money from gas taxes so they are working on ways to tax you by how far you drive (gps has been proposed). When that happens, your hybrid won't save you as much money. I saw a chart somewhere that showed all the taxes in a gallon of gas. The gas itself only cost around .85. The rest are all taxes (gas was around $1.50 at the time).

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Gas taxes are 35c-55c/gal, depending on where you live. A google search would easily turn it up. At some pumps in FL, it was right on the pump.

You know, when taxes go up, EVERYONE pays more. So, if you're still remote-starting your Excretion to drive to your mailbox, you're still paying more taxes, just like the guy that coasts his Insight that last 1/2 mile to work.

And, you can vote the tax Nazis out.;)

Colton

Supporting Actor
*bump*

Gas prices just farted again ...

$2.08 last week ... now $2.13 ... no end in sight.

- Colton

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
$2.29 when I filled up late last week...Central Indiana (Lafayette).

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Damn. Filled up over the weekend for $2.14, now it's at least $2.34 everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks