What's new

How much gas go up last night in your town? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
In California gas prices are higher due to higher air quality rules, hence they refineries claim it costs more to produce gas for CA than the rest of the U.S. Our prices have been hovering around the $2.20pg mark for regular unleaded, but news reports have been saying that by summer we should expect $3.00pg because crude oil is supposed to climb as high as $80 a barrel.

That hybrid is looking more and more appealing... ;)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I hear crying, but you won't beat Toronto(europe will though:)

71 cents per litre(u.s.)

3.78 litre(U.s. OLD system)

$2.70 a gallon

Cry all you want!

Brent

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
It's not crude prices as much as we have not built a new refinery in some 20+ years, thus supply versus demand. Crude does factor in, but the EPA has made building new refineries a nightmare at best and not very profitable.

They say China's consumption creates problems as well, but mostly to foreign sources of oil pricing.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Brentl, are you saying that your gas is cheap or expensive.

Gas is much more expensive in the East coast of Canada. Saint John (NB) is always higher than Ottawa/Toronto/Quebec and they have an Irving refinery right there. :D

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
The price where I live in the UK is £3.85 a gallon (84.9p per litre). Current exchange rate this equals $7.43 and this is with an extremely strong £ at the moment compared to the $. Can anyone beat that? :D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
What I'm saying is people cry when most of us outside the U.S. would LOVE to have gas a cheap as it is in California.

Brent

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Oil is priced in dollars....the dollar has lost roughtly 20% of its value in the last couple of years. Look for higher interest rates AND higher gasoline prices coming to a country near you sooner rather than later. JMO/guess.

Mort

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday:

regular $2.08
special $2.18
premium $2.28

Today:

regular $2.14
special $2.24
premium $2.34

Which is really odd considering the main tank hasn't been refilled yet......

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Take that you SUV drivin' Yuppie scum! During the summer I rely on the motorbike with its 60mpg & 3 gallon tank. I can fill up the tank and almost buy a pack of smokes with a 10-spot :)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
In constant dollar terms, current US gasoline prices are nowhere near historic highs.

US Gasoline Prices

Gas prices are predicted to rise due to the increase in the price of oil, which is increasing thanks to increased demand in China and the devaluation of the dollar.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's not so bad here, 1.97/g.
In reality it costs me less than $30 per month more in fuel, so I really don't understand the mass discussion about it.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
In Tulsa it went from $1.89 to $1.99 and it was said on the local news that gas prices are expected to hit $2.25 before the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks