What's new

How much does it cost to find out you're a moron? (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
hooked up a customer's stereo. Turn it on can't figure why it is not working... half an hour later realize volume is all the down:b

have some more stories, can't share them though, people might think I'm a little off;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, here's one of mine (although some of the stupidity is shared):

Wake up.
Go into the home office, check e-mail on the computer.
Discover that server dropped DSL connection overnight.
Hit "reconnect" in DSL software window.
Connection fails; reset computer.
Connection still fails; cold-boot computer.
Turn off computer.
Disconnect modem, reconnect cable, turn on computer.
Connection still fails.
Check all cards and cables inside and outside computer, cold-booting machine after each component is adjusted.
Disconnect and reconnect phone line to DSL "modem"
Connection still fails.

Total elapsed time: Roughly one hour.

Pick up phone to call DSL tech support.
Discover there is no dialtone and that it is entire phone service, not just DSL, that is having the problem.

(Then look at calendar and realize that today is the day you were originally scheduled to move, and realize that half-wits at phone company never changed the disconnect/reconnect order even though they said there were going to when you called them a month ago, and even e-mailed you an acknowledgement of the change.)

Call phone company on cell phone, get phone service restored within hour, DSL within five.

Regards,

Joe

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ok, follow me on this one:

I have a ceiling fan in my bedroom (above my bed). One day I was doing some work on the ceiling...I was standing on my bed and my head almost touched the ceiling. I was working on a piece of ceiling that was above the fan, so I had my head inbetween 2 of the fan blades. As I was working, one of the fan blades started turning towards my face...It wasn't on or going fast, it was just slowly inching it's way around by the air current in the room.

Seeing the blade coming towards my face, I pushed it away quickly, completely forgetting about the blade that was behind my head that came and WHACKED me in the back of my head.

It was painful, but I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid I was.

Tom S

Agent
$1.98

My Denon Rx was not working. It would either not respond to the remote or would respond in a weird fashion. Before I returned to unit (it was only a month old), I posted on the forum asking if anyone else had problems with their Denon receiver - until someone asked me "Did you try replacing the batteries in the remote?" DOH! :eek:

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The other night a buddy of mine brought over his VCR (I only have a DVD player and 3 video game consoles hooked up to my HT). I spent about 10 minutes craning my head behind this monstrous 400 lb TV backed right up against the wall, trying to squeeze the A/V inputs into the maze of sockets behind the television...

...until I noticed something I should have realized when I bought the TV 2 years ago: the front inputs on the TV.

oops :b

~j

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
MArk

I too have had a run in with a cieling fan. When I was in High School I had a ceiling fan in bedroom. It was a hot night and the fan was on. My ceiling was low and the fan was right over my bed.

I heard a noise and shot straight up. and WACK:angry: :angry:

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Moved into a new house Feb of 2001. Had an outside spot light that blew the garage GFIs everytime the switch was flipped. Found wires that included the garage door lights and tried to trace all connections. Never could get it fixed. Once a month would try to go in with a clear head and try something new, and again nothing worked. August 2002 I called an electrician to come fix it. he got up on the ladder and pulled off the spotlight and the ground wires and hot wires were reversed.
5 minutes $85.

I like to tell people that the previous owner was a moron for wiring it that way, but we all know the truth. :b

Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks