What's new

How much did you get your Servo 15 for? I'm beginning to think I got ripped off (1 Viewer)

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
I'm starting to think I got ripped off when I purchased my Servo 15. I'm did a search and I read that some guys got it for $1050CDN and $1300CDN w/X30

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
If you feel you did not get a quality sub for the price you paid, You did get ripped off.

I have paid full retail for a lot of high-end audio products and feel that that they all are great values. It's not about price, it's about perceived value.

If your second guessing your purchase....

$0.02

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Well I'm thinking I got ripped off because I seem to have paid much more for my sub. I paid 1350+CDN w/o X30 and it turned out to be around $1568CDN w/ Crossover which seems to be more than a lot of people here paid for. And I ordered it in a big package too.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I paid 10% off US retail (i.e. more than you spent). When I purchased it (2 yrs. ago) it was the best sub I heard in the

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Ya I know it lists for that much and I was obviously willing to pay the price that I paid but a couple hundred bucks is not exactly small change so there's a big difference if someone got their sub for 1300CDN w/ crossover or less.

henning hoffmann

Stunt Coordinator
I got 20% off for mine. So that's... $1432 with the crossover.

I'm of the opinion that if you get at least 20% off, you done good. I've heard of some people that got 25% off, and some rare cases where people got 30% off, but I think they're in the minority.

Henning

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Veneer for $1400? That's definitely a much better price than what I got.

The thing is that if I had just bought my sub alone the price I paid would have been okay. But since I bought it in a pretty big package IMO I thought I deserve a much better price.

Andy F

Stunt Coordinator
what's the conversion rate to put those prices into US dollars?

Also, would it be cheaper to buy the servo 15 in canada?

Thanks

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Anyone in BC get a low price such as the ones we're talking about? $1300CDN w/ Crossover or even $1400CDN w/ Crossover and below? If so can you please PM me where you got it or post here? Thanks

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Our American friends also have to remember that there are more Paradigm Dealers in Canada so the market is more competitive. In Ottawa there are three Paradigm Dealers that I know of, all carrying (or can order in) the Reference line. If you cannot negotiate a decent discount, you are simply not trying very hard. On the otherhand many other brands, speakers and otherwise, are either not carried at all by anyone local, or only by one B&M store. These brands are not competitive in there pricing (which is why I appreciate the Internet!).

Chris

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Where I do think people get ripped off is in buying the X-30. I do not know why everyone thinks they need this when you can use your receiver's internal cross-over to do all the bass management. Obvuously this is just my opinion but I think most people are better served with speakers set to small and have the receiver send all the bass including the LFE to the sub. I suggest trying this sub first without the x-30 and only buy the crossover if it becomes absolutely necessary.

Chris

Shane G

Agent
I live in Bella Coola and was looking looking for a sub last fall. I checked around B.C. by phone, and was suprised that the best deals were to be had close to home in Williams Lake, Sight & Sound.

I picked up a PW2200 for $730.00 and was quoted the Servo15 for $1390 w/xover.

I special ordered my sub, which landed me a better price.

They said they had a Servo15 in stock for over a year, before they finally sold it? I guess they don't turn over much of Paradigms higher-end products.

They also quoted my buddy the best price on a pair of Studio 100's V2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks