What's new

How many seasons of Michael Moore's "The Awful Truth" were there? (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Season 2 of the series is being released on DVD next month (finally). Is that it for the series, or was there a 3rd season? Thanks.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I recall that only two seasons were aired, but I could be wrong as I haven't seen most of the second season.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Only 2, in fact he just posted on his website (paraphrase)- "...because I haven't recieved a beautifully wrapped fruitcake from the network this year, don't hold your breath for more"
Apparently some of the stuff they did in season 2 really, really offended some of Bravo's parent companies
BTW: If you call the 800 number on http://www.docurama.com and mention "Mike's Militia" you can buy Season 2 NOW (make sure you SPECIFICALLY ask for Season 2) and they'll give you 10% off

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I'm on the Michael Moore mailing list and I haven't heard any word of a 3rd season of "The Awful Truth".

I think it's just as well anyway. Moore has been working on some films and I think he should concentrate on that. The Awful Truth was better in the 2nd season but I don't think it was as good as TV Nation.

Maybe if he did a special every once in a while...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the responses, guys. I don't get Bravo, so the DVDs are the only way I get to see the show, and I just wanted to know if this coming set would complete the series and it looks like it will. Looking forward to it.

Jeff, I read that "MIke's Militia" thing over at DVDTalk, but since they're offering 10% off the MSRP, I'll wait until it's official release so I can get it cheaper. Thanks though.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I miss TV Nation.

Moore certainly has his critics, but I love his ironic wit. Can't get enough of his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks