How many seasons of Michael Moore's "The Awful Truth" were there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_J, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Season 2 of the series is being released on DVD next month (finally). Is that it for the series, or was there a 3rd season? Thanks.

2. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I recall that only two seasons were aired, but I could be wrong as I haven't seen most of the second season.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Only 2, in fact he just posted on his website (paraphrase)- "...because I haven't recieved a beautifully wrapped fruitcake from the network this year, don't hold your breath for more"
    Apparently some of the stuff they did in season 2 really, really offended some of Bravo's parent companies
    BTW: If you call the 800 number on http://www.docurama.com and mention "Mike's Militia" you can buy Season 2 NOW (make sure you SPECIFICALLY ask for Season 2) and they'll give you 10% off

4. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

I'm on the Michael Moore mailing list and I haven't heard any word of a 3rd season of "The Awful Truth".

I think it's just as well anyway. Moore has been working on some films and I think he should concentrate on that. The Awful Truth was better in the 2nd season but I don't think it was as good as TV Nation.

Maybe if he did a special every once in a while...

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Thanks for the responses, guys. I don't get Bravo, so the DVDs are the only way I get to see the show, and I just wanted to know if this coming set would complete the series and it looks like it will. Looking forward to it.

Jeff, I read that "MIke's Militia" thing over at DVDTalk, but since they're offering 10% off the MSRP, I'll wait until it's official release so I can get it cheaper. Thanks though.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I miss TV Nation.

Moore certainly has his critics, but I love his ironic wit. Can't get enough of his stuff.

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Something we can agree on there Jack. I'm looking forward to his new book and film [​IMG]

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jeff and I agree on something. Call the media! [​IMG]