What's new

how long to do doing a ceiling? (1 Viewer)

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving into a new place with a drywalled basement. The ceiling is open. I want to stuff with insulation and then drywall. Caulk the screws and seams. Resilient channel and then drywall again...and then tape, mud, sand and prime/paint. The room is about 12 x 20. If I have a friend helping, how long should that take?

Thanks.

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving into a new place with a drywalled basement. The ceiling is open. I want to stuff with insulation and then drywall. Caulk the screws and seams. Resilient channel and then drywall again...and then tape, mud, sand and prime/paint. The room is about 12 x 20. If I have a friend helping, how long should that take?

Thanks.

JayRyan

Auditioning
With those dimensions and just 4 corners I would say you could fly. Especially if you do not have any lights to cut around.

2 people.....I'd say you could put it up in about 4-5 hours per layer...maybe faster. Dream dimensions for putting up drywall. If you have a lift you'll even go faster.

Why the channel than another layer? Sound control? Just curious.

JayRyan

Auditioning
With those dimensions and just 4 corners I would say you could fly. Especially if you do not have any lights to cut around.

2 people.....I'd say you could put it up in about 4-5 hours per layer...maybe faster. Dream dimensions for putting up drywall. If you have a lift you'll even go faster.

Why the channel than another layer? Sound control? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks