how long to do doing a ceiling?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Rob Michaw, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Rob Michaw

Rob Michaw Stunt Coordinator

I am moving into a new place with a drywalled basement. The ceiling is open. I want to stuff with insulation and then drywall. Caulk the screws and seams. Resilient channel and then drywall again...and then tape, mud, sand and prime/paint. The room is about 12 x 20. If I have a friend helping, how long should that take?

Thanks.

2. Rob Michaw

I am moving into a new place with a drywalled basement. The ceiling is open. I want to stuff with insulation and then drywall. Caulk the screws and seams. Resilient channel and then drywall again...and then tape, mud, sand and prime/paint. The room is about 12 x 20. If I have a friend helping, how long should that take?

Thanks.

3. JayRyan

JayRyan Auditioning

With those dimensions and just 4 corners I would say you could fly. Especially if you do not have any lights to cut around.

2 people.....I'd say you could put it up in about 4-5 hours per layer...maybe faster. Dream dimensions for putting up drywall. If you have a lift you'll even go faster.

Why the channel than another layer? Sound control? Just curious.

4. JayRyan

JayRyan Auditioning

With those dimensions and just 4 corners I would say you could fly. Especially if you do not have any lights to cut around.

2 people.....I'd say you could put it up in about 4-5 hours per layer...maybe faster. Dream dimensions for putting up drywall. If you have a lift you'll even go faster.

Why the channel than another layer? Sound control? Just curious.

5. Rob Michaw

Yep...sound control. I hope it works!

6. Rob Michaw

Yep...sound control. I hope it works!