1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

How good are Fluance...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KellyR, Dec 7, 2003.

1. KellyR

KellyR Agent

...AV HTB 5 speaker setups in comparison to say, the lowest end Klipsch or DefTech setups? I'm kinda short on money, and the fluance look good for the money, I'm just concerned that they will sound terrible. For anyone who has heard them, how do they compare?

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I have the AV-5,AV-SC, & AV-BP2. I have had them for about three weeks and I can say they are not fully broken in. They sound great. The price does not do them justice. I just put my six channel in on thursday, and man what difference in soud you can hear when it is on DD EX. the
    Surr sound great. I tested it with Pearl Harbor. The last chapter on the first disk. Man that is a good disk to test with. it high and low bass. Man the speakers are great. I've heard Athenas, & Jbls. And i think they are better.
    Putting price and quality. They rate with the best. I'm pushing them with the onkyo 601. so they crank up very loud and i have not heard any distortion. I would recommend them highly.

3. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

I went the extra $60.00 and bought the sx-htb set. If you're on a shoestring budget you'll definitely get good value for you're money.
    The mains put out a full clean undistorted sound.
    There's one weakness and that is the center speaker should have been designed with larger drivers because the mains tend to overpower it just a bit.
    The solution for me was to set the center speaker a couple of DB's louder.