What's new

How do you store your discs? (1 Viewer)

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I keep mine in thier jewel cases in a spinning tower.
I've not seen any binders bigger than the 320 capacity binder you linked to.
Are you sure you want to put more than 320 discs in one binder? I have a 256 disc capacity binder and it got to be pretty heavy and cumbersome when I would fill it up. You may want to consider two or even three smaller volumes and leave some room in each for expansion.
You may want to check out these links. They don't have bigger binder but they do sell the pages in bulk so you could go out and buy bigger three ring binders and go on forever.
http://www.sleevetown.com/cd-binders.shtml
http://www.casealliance.com/cd-binders-pages.html

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I have tried similar binders and sleeves but they fall apart easily. I like the Caselogics cause their durable and theres a handle for easy transport. Just thought maybe someone might know about a 500 disc wallet somewhere, I weed out my collection like every 6 months so that should be enough.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I store my discs the old fashioned way: in the case on racks. Easier for me to insert discs into the collection (plus I'm too lazy to transfer them to another storage method).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I use a soft plastic sleeve which replaces the hard plastic box. It took some searching to find the size which preserves all the artwork including the larger back cover art, but I did, at BagsUnlimited. I also eliminated from competition all bags that were made of vinyl. These are polyethylene, which is entirely scentless.

Product # SCDDPJ (5 5/8" x 4 7/8" bag with two pockets, one for the disc, one for the art).

That photo is not entirely accurate because in fact you can see the spine text along the edge (in real life, but not in this photo).

Then I have CD crates (the cheap pine ones which they sell to college students) into which they are filed. I even have those white plastic divider cards, which helps since it is harder to see the spine text when they're in these baggies (though not impossible - they just aren't facing directly upwards, they're facing forwards).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I tried Will_B's bags, but ultimately I have a combination of CaseLogic Pro Sleeves and "Jewel Sleeve" holders. The Jewel Sleeves are too big to fit in my existing CD cabinet (apothecary style), so for the time being I have them in an Ikea metal box.

I like your sig quote Will. That's also one of my favorite lyrics from Ms. Phillips :emoji_thumbsup:

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I keep mine in the jewel cases.

I made a bookshelf to store them all. Hopefully I won't need to expand for a while...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I do what Will_B does, though I use DiscSox instead. Both are considered the best sleeves on the market.

My first attempt to remove jewel cases and find an alternative storage approach was binders. I have a pretty large collection so it required a lot of binders and keeping the back liners seperately. This still took up a lot of space and I didn't like having everything seperate.

In conjunction with changing my storage approach I'm also slowly selling off large chunks of my collection in the interets of money, space, and streamlining my listening habbits.

I chose DiscSox because they have a nice line of storage items, all compatible with the sleeves. They also have DVD sleeves (though I haven't gotten any yet since the ones that hold everything are not in stock) which are also compatible. I plan on getting their cabinet that holds 1000 discs and maybe a tray or two.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I got a sample of DiscSox a few years ago and at that time at least they were made of vinyl, which smells like shower curtain. The design was good but I couldn't abide the material.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I keep my albums in a rack. It works alright, except for albums that come in a double or triple disc digipack case. For those I just open the case and put the top part of the case in one slot, and the bottom part in a slot just below. It's a pretty lame solution, but at least it works!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Is there a better way to keep all the discs in one place?"

In a bookcase

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have the best of both worlds.
I have cd cd changers holding 500 discs but over 1000 discs.
I started out with 500 discs in the changers and slowly making copies with Text on them replacing the originals; doubling up on most.
I now have the originals back in drawers and all 1000 discs in the changers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks