What's new

How do these KLH's look for the $$ (1 Viewer)

Nater

Grip
Well, I don't see a picture or anything... but I'll assume you're talking about these.

I got a 3-piece KLH set (this pair, plus a center speaker) for free with the purchase of a receiver at Best Buy several months ago.

If you're new to home theater, they are a good way to get started without paying too much money. I'm sure you'll eventually want to upgrade, but they should do the trick for now. I'm sure they're just as good as anything else you could get in this price range.

I would be happier with mine if they blended better with my main speakers (PSB). Since the sound quality and color are quite different, I will be looking to replace my KLHs in the near future. But if you're not expecting to shake the house or blow away your friends, you'll be happy with them. They are definitely a good value for $30.

Tom J C

Grip
thanks for the response.
i am looking to shake the house and vibrate the neighborhood. my current setup with 40 watt sony rears crank pretty good although the room is only 160 sq ft . so i was thinking that these should blow them away even though the new HT room is close to 400 sq ft.

i guess i could always try them out and see if they are good enough. i figured for the price they wouldnt stay stocked up for long.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't worry about Best Buy not having enough of anything, especially KLH speakers. Best Buy probably has enough of those to let them invade Iraq instead of US troops.

If I had to pick between no speakers and KLH, or Bose and KLH, then I would pick KLH. I've been there, and for the money they definitely do what's expected. That said, there's a pretty good chance you'll want to upgrade on down the road a bit. For $30, you'll definitely get your moneys worth, but don't expect them to compete w/ other stuff from better names in the same size range. If the $$ for something better won't be there for awhile, then I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up, but if you look around online there's a good chance you can find something better for about the same price that's either discontinued or used.

I even have a pair of Pioneer SH152BK speakers that are similar in size, have a 6.5" woofer, 1" tweeter, and would probably sound better than those KLH's, and I'd sell them for $50. I used them as the main speakers for my bedroom/computer until I decided they were a lot more than I needed and have since downgraded to regular computer speakers. Let me know if you're interested.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks