What's new

how do I justify gettng a Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
But, how do I convince my wife of that??
I'd suggest dropping twenty dollars to rent a GC + a couple of games from Blockbuster or someplace for a weekend. Super Monkeyball usually does the trick :)
Mario Party 4 is likely to be the game that gets a GC in our house - my wife's a major addict of MP2.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I'd say get it..... all these games:
Super Smash Brothers
Super Monkey Ball
Resident Evil
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin
Spider-Man
EA Sports Franchises
Sega Sports Franchises (right?)
and coming soon:
Mario Sunshine
F-Zero
Metroid
Zelda
The Inevitable Mario Party game
etc. etc.
Sounds like a solid investment to me. Gamecube is the most female-friendly system on the block. There's nothing better than having your significant other by your side playing videogames. :D

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
and I'm looking at either a component switcher or something so I can hook it up.
yup. Been discussed here a couple of times. Probably going to order this from etronics this weekend. The unit looks solid - a couple of people here have it - and I ordered my VSX-49TX through them w/ good success.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't you just use two switchers (one for the video cables and one for the audio cables) instead of just one that does both?

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Couldn't you just use two switchers (one for the video cables and one for the audio cables) instead of just one that does both?
I'm only using this for the component bandwidth, and figured I wanted something that fit into my rack as a 'real' looking piece of equipment & had enough bandwidth for HDTV switching in the future. Though, I will have to buy a toslink optical switcher which is also a pain.

sigh. what one must do to be multiconsole...

paul_v

Second Unit
Asking your spouse if you can make a $150 purchase is a show of respect. A marriage has two people in it, not one :)

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
Eternal Darkness is one of the top-5 games I've ever played...

I bought the Gamecube two weeks ago just for it.

If you have a Pro Logic II receiver, it is the single best game to utilize you total system.

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same boat, I had XBOX and PS2...

I told my wife that once I got the Gamecube... I wouldn't have to ever buy another system (and then under my breath I said "for a couple of years at least")

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
75 bucks for a switcher? Seems a tad expensive.....
FOr a component switcher capable of passing full bandwidth HDTV signals? It's about the best deal out there. i've only seen one - it was more of a mechanical switch (was a small box) that seemed to work ok and was $50. The JVC seems like an ok deal and I've heard good things about it.

Besides, I'll have a logical place to plug in my Gamecube, if I ever get one (doubtful at this point, but I'm keeping an open mind.)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Do you have any children yet? If so, convince them that they need a gamecube. I just got my son a gameboy advance and the instructions say you can connect it to a gamecube, so after showing him an actual gamecube, he now wants it (and so do I). :)

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Quoth the Dave:
I see.... Well, sounds like a good idea should I ever get more than 1 more A/V unit with component outputs. Looks like I might get about 3.... :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Trade in some of your PS2 games to reduce the price.

Or, get her interested in specific games for the cube. I'm sure there have to be a few to catch her fancy.

How can you go wrong at $150?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks