What's new

how do I justify gettng a Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I have PS2 (with about 25 games) and Xbox with 2. My wife loves to say "I told you so" about the Xbox, even though I dont agree with her and I still have faith in Xbox.

Anyway, this new batch of games coming out for Gamecube has me more impressed than I initially was with Xbox, making me now want one. I really want Mario, Metriod, Zelda, and Resident Evil. My birthday is coming up in September, and I think it would make a really great gift.

But, how do I convince my wife of that??

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Get the Gamecube, two wavebird controllers, SuperSmash Brothers Melee and Super Monkey Ball. Then make her play with you.
My fiancee got my a Gamecube for Christmas last year. We've played those two games to death.
I just beat her longstanding high score of 1000 in MonkeyTarget over the weekend. Go me! :)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
This falls slightly outside of the date range you're interested in, but supposedly Nintendo is going to bundle a GameCube, Mario Sunshine, a controller, and a Mem 59 card for $189.95 in mid-October.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Morgan, if only that were enough....:b

After checking the release dates for some games, Im thinking that a better idea is for me to get one for xmas, this way I can hopefully get a few games thrown in the mix too (if I get one now for my bday, a bunch of other games and xmas will throw a wrench in any plans I had of getting any cube games.)

xmas it is then. I better start spreading the word now, so everyone can go in together and get me the whole 9!!

woohoo!!

Thanks everyone!

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
Just get it NOW, or if you want the Silver Gamecube it comes out November 3rd.

Man heck with that just go get it, with two wavebird controllers, and Rogue Squadron, Monkey Ball, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Spiderman,Waverace Bluestorm, NBA 2k2 and NCAA Football 2003!
(well that's what I gots anyway!)

Get it now cause Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Star Fox, 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Kong, Too Human, etc. are all coming yet and only on the Cube!

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i agree!! i totally forgot about F-Zero...

but again, I must wait until xmas.

woe is me.

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
Well hey you'll just have to set aside some extra money for more games, and you'll at least have your Choice of the SILVER GAMECUBE by then! :emoji_thumbsup:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just bought a 251 memory card and noticed that the price difference between the 59 and 251 is only $5 at the local Wal-Mart. If (and when) you get your GameCube, DEFINITELY grab one.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Whats the deal with the Silver Gamecube? This is the first I've heard about it. Can anyone post any links or pictures?
I don't plan on upgrading to change the color, but it sounds intruging. Maybe I'll get one for my mother in law. She's been a good girl this year :)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
its not necessarily the approval for the 150.00, its the approval for 150.00 like every other weekend. im what some may call a "Spend-aholic". hehe

by the way, I believe its going to be called a "Platinum" gamecube, and ebworld.com has "Artist rendering" of one with a controller.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
You have to get wife approval to spend $150? Does she keep your balls in a ziploc baggie?
Well, if you SO is in the know, they KNOW that a new console purchase is a much bigger financial commitment than _JUST_ the console.
One game, then another controller, then a memory card, then more games, then better cables, etc...
Heck, my PS2 I got last week (with the prior approval of the SO! :D) has already been:
* PS2 ($199 minus 125 from sale of N64)
* monster cable pack ($55)
* new wireless controller ($40)
* FFX ($35)
* used Dual Shock 2 controller ($17)
* Memory card ($25)
* PSOne memory Card ($15)
* used Dragon Warrior VII ($25)
and I'm looking at either a component switcher or something so I can hook it up. Almost 300 out of pocket w/ the trade in - and I haven't played it yet (I've ben REALLY busy - and I had to finish Dungeon siege first.) :b
I have far too many games to play...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks