What's new

How do I enable the XBOX Communicator for ESPN Football? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I just got a XBL Kit. I have the communicator connected, but I don't know to enable it for voice communication. I've tried going into every menu, but no dice. I need a walk through. Thanks.

JayV

Supporting Actor
It should be automatic. Plug everything in, make sure mute is not on (the widget's LED should be green) and turn the thumb wheel all the way up to make sure it's loud enough to hear.

James T

Screenwriter
There's no button. Just talk away. Sometimes you can even hear your opponent's out-of-shape breathing during close games :)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I notice that when someone challenges me, the voice icon is present w/ them and not w/ me. I've played 4 games so far, and there is no communication. Is there something to enable in the audio menu? BTW, my gamertag is "THE DISRUPTER"

James T

Screenwriter
There's that button by the volume. It has to be green. If it's an orange colour, it means it's muted.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
you have to go into the options menu for live when you're signed in, there you will see the communicator option to turn voice on or off and whether you want to hear it through the speakers of your tv. Not exactly sure what the menu names are but its in there.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I've tried every possible scenario except - the right one of course - and I still cannot find out how to enable the Communicator.:angry: If anyone can look at their settings and let me know what exactly to do, I'd be greatful. Thanks.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Dumb question, do you have a regular memory card plugged in, Kevin? I wonder if the communicator needs to be in the "top slot" in joypad one.

Have you tried the communicator in another game or demo?

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
or maybe try another controller if you have one to make sure the one you're using isn't defective.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I'll try the other controller later, otherwise, I've did everything else. Thanks so far for the help. I'll let ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks