What's new

How do I check out an older model number (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm trying to get an RPTV with a limited budget. So I was ecstatic when I saw the Panasonic 47" that I was eyeing up at a local warehouser for $1600. But when I got back home and compared the model number it wasn't the same. (It's pt47wx49s instead of the pt47wx42 I was expecting.)

So, is this one of those deals where they make product specifically for a dealer; or is it just an older model? And does anyone have any ideas on how to check out the specs for a non-mainstream model? (It wasn't on Panasonic's web site.) Thanks!

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
This is last years model, which is nearly identical to this years except the current model comes a bit more natural colored out of the box, and has a menu defeatable SVM. The wx49 you actually need to open the set and pull 3 wires (I did this very easy).
But the price of $1600 is not that great for a used model. I purchased the one higher model (protective screen and better remote) nearly 9 months ago for $1570. I think many places have been selling the new set for around $1600. If you can get it for $1300 go for it, otherwise get the new one... check out www.panny.tv for more info on this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks