What's new

How do i "age" my jeans? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
How would i go about aging my jeans? I got a pair dark blue (not navy) that have been worn past the 'new' look, but not old enough to look aged, so it just looks stupid right now... I thought'd it be cool to do it myself rather than like spend $60CAD at American Eagle outfitters to get a pair of 'old' jeans...
i read an article at MensHealth.com about it, it has some good tips: http://www.menshealth.com/style2/redbloodedblues.shtml
Anybody got any pointers? Where does it look best to sand down? How bout the bottoms of the pant legs? What do i do with them?

Cam S

Screenwriter
Nick, what exactly do you mean by "old"??? Do you want a faded look, or just a dirty, worn way too often (by a bum) look? I myself love the faded jeans at American Eagle, and it you want cheaper ones that are still awsome, then check out the ones at Bluenotes, which might be called "Thrifty's" depending on where you live.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah actually the pair i have are the wide leg jeans from Bluenotes/Thrifty's from a year ago. Im tryin to get the AE-jeans look... But its too late i guess, i've already done it.. I got a sand-block and sanded the thigh portion of it, then just frayed some parts of the pocket and the bottoms.

If they look like crap, meh ohwell they've had their time... Maybe i should check out a new pair of Bluenotes... Their prices have gone up though.. I remmeber when all their jeans were $34.95

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazing that people now pay big money for what others used to throw in the trash.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Nick,
I think you are trying to get the Blasted look in the jeans you already own. As far as I know, there is no way to create a similar effect without a lot of trouble.
I would suggest doing what I do, and hit American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Express for Men when they have sales. My best reccomendation would be to go to a local Hollister if you have one. They have great jeans at great prices.
Blasted is really in these days and so are other novelty jeans. I got this really awesome pair of "Dirty" jeans from Express recently. (and yes, I do expect a snappy comment from someone about me wearing "dirty" jeans.)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Naw, i dont wanna purposely go out and buy a pair of jeans, its just that the jeans that i had, the kneees were all faded, and it just looked really... weird... i just wanted to get more life out of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks