What's new

How cool do you think it feels to be Ron Epstein? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

[groucho] I dunno, let's feel Ron Epstein and find out. [/groucho] :laugh:

Seriously though, I originally stumbled across HTF while searching the Internet for info about subwoofers. To this day, I remain amazed by the breadth and depth of information, advice, and great people that can be found here.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
There's an abundance of knowledge in the webpages at the HTF. It will literally change your life around, it did mine. My life almost revolves around HT. And the HTF set it in motion. So I don't know if I should kiss or kill Ron and Parker.:D This place is like a gang, once your in, it's HELL getting out.;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It was really cool getting to hang out with Ron and the Jersey / NYC DVD tours back in the day, wish we had kept that up.

Now tho, we have to jam all that fun into 1 day a year, the holiest of holidays that we call:

SCOOTAPALOOZA!!!!

Cant wait for this years....

Sam

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I originally stumbled across HTF while searching the Internet for info about subwoofers. To this day, I remain amazed by the breadth and depth of information, advice, and great people that can be found here.
Same for me, though in my case it was info on HT gear in general. And if not for HTF, I too would never have even heard of SVS, let alone actually buy one. Good ROI for SVS I guess :D

As ever, thanks to Ron and Parker for all their efforts. I am sure they are proud -- and justifiably so -- of what they've managed to build.

Now I'm wondering, will Ron actually post in this thread, or is he too embarrassed to? :D I'd be, if I found out 700+ people were viewing a thread about how cool it would be to be me...

DarrinH

Second Unit
I am just glad to be a part of it for as long as I have.
Lots of good information and the forum makes up for not having any enthusiast's in my local area.
Thanks for all the work Ron and Parker:emoji_thumbsup: .
Hope to see you both in Jersey in August.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Man if the HTF shutdown, I'd be a lost soul. That would be a tragedy, there should be a national day of mourning.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I would also have got some HTIB or perhaps BOSE. But thanks to all the help I have received on here I have not made that mistake.
It was too late for the first part with me. Nevertheless, I got rid of the HTiB within 4 to 6 months of signing up at HTF. :D

The reason I signed up was because I wanted opinions on Bose. Thank god everyone steered me away from it! Now I am happy with my JBLs.

Don't even talk about HTF shutting down! I don't want to think about it.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've thought about this before and decided that as many perks as he has, I would never do it.

Having to post all those movie reviews? That sucks. How the hell does he find time to do anything else but watch and write movie reviews every day after work.

I love my movies, but I don't want to watch 1-2 every day and have to write an in depth review for it. Especially the old movies and movies that I hate.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I feel ya on that one Steve. But watching two movies everyday sounds great, but the reviewing afterwards sounds like crap.:thumbsdown:

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I would be lost without the HTF. If it didn't exist I would probably own an RCA HTiB instead of my current Paradigm setup with a DIY Tempest sub.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I think it's funny to go to the newbie threads and hear them ask questions about progressive scan, and component cables, etc. Ahhh...such memories.:b

Dennis

Second Unit
C'mon LaMarcus, tell us how you really feel! :D

I've been coming here for years, as my bank account can attest, and I must say that one of the best things here, besides the knowledge available, is the respect with which people are treated. Not much riff-raff here, well, at least they hide it well. :)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Yeah, it's a pretty respectable place, and the moderators are active in keeping it that way.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im gonna try to go to this years Scootapalooza.

If Ron is there, Im gonna pretend to like him and get on his good side so he invites me to the eventual X3 DVD party so I can meet my 2 favorites women - Anna Paquin and Rebecca Romijn :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Actaully that's what sparked this thread last year (him going to the X2 release party).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks