What's new

How can i change my DVD player´s Region Encoding? (2 Viewers)

Oscar

Second Unit
I plan on doing this, to buy Region 2 DVD´s mostly anime titles. How can i do that?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You probably can't, but if you can, you need to give the model to get an answer.

If you have one of those APEX models you can . How you can do it depends on what model you have.

Best is to search in google with "Hacking "

Also check at vcdhelp.com.

HTH

Nitin

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Changing the region coding is only part of the problem. Region 2 DVDs are in the PAL video format and the U.S. uses NTSC. You need a DVD player that will convert PAL to NTSC, which yours won't. Outboard converters are expensive.

You'll have to buy a different DVD player if you want to watch Region 2 DVDs.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Regions 2's from Japan are NTSC. I'm not sure if it's all of Region 2, but I know for certain that Region 2 DVD's in Japan are NTSC. Just got a multi-region player and was playing a Region 2 NTSC DVD last night. :)
However, it might be simpler to buy a new player, such as a Malata that does PAL output/multiregion etc. Search for 'Malata' or 'skyworth' here or at AVS and you should find tons of info.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Region mod kits generally cost $80-$150, and most places make you ship them your player. You're better off buying a new deck, preferably a Malata so that you get the PAL/NTSC conversion

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious about this, too.

I have a Pioneer DV-440 and looking through the manual (pg. 52) it gives instructions on changing the Country Code. Would this allow me to view discs from other regions? The country codes appear to be 4 digit numbers, so I doubt it's the same thing.... anyone know for sure?

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks